Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > James Holmes's Profile > Albums

My Adventures in Motorsports
I practically grew up at Englewood Speedway where I sold programs in the pits as a kid... the seed was planted and I am a racer for life.

I began driving super stocks at Lakeside Speedway in 1988. I was CARC Rookie of the year in the Super Stock Division that year and 8th in points with 3 or 4 wins. I drove late models in 1989 and 1990 at Colorado National Speedway and also drove in the American Indy Car Series in 1991.

After hanging up my helmet, I formed a sponsorship agent and raised money for Indy Car teams and Trackside Motorsports in ASA.

I also co-hosted 'The Motor Racing Review' radio and television programs with the late and great Ted Douglas.
James Holmes driving in the American Indy Car Series in 1991 for Roger Mitchell of Mitchell Motors based in Denver, Colorado. This day represented...
Indy Car racing is a passion of mine and I was blown away this entire day as the whole experience was beyond my dreams. We were having a few ignition...
NASCAR Late Model at Colorado National owned and driven by James Holmes. This Oldsmobile Cutlass clad Port City chassis was purchased from Rick...
NASCAR Late Model at Colorado National owned and driven by James Holmes. This Oldsmobile Cutlass was sponsored by Lisa Schomp and Ralph Schomp...
My dad was friends with Richard and Candy Codner and as a result... I kinda had free run of the place which made for an amazing childhood filled with...