Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > bobbyc1's Profile > Albums > RALPHIE THE RACER LIGUORI

Picture 11 of 22 from Album RALPHIE THE RACER LIGUORI
Ralph NASCAR, I think 1953, might be on the beach, not sure.  In those days Ralph slept under or in his car depending if it was raining or not, lol.  The men in Nascar back then were, Fonty and Tim Flock, Herb Thomas, Lee Petty, Buck Backer, Lee, Curtis Turner, Marshall Teague, Ralph Earnhardt , Fireball Roberts, Jim Pascal,
Dick Rathman, Marvin Panch, Hershal Mc Griff, Junior Johnson Ralph made some midnight runs with Junior to get money to race.  In 1955 Ralph finished 10th NASCAR Grand National Series missing 11 of the 33 races held that season.  That year Ralph won 7 features at Raleigh speedway and was the track champion, to bad I was never around any of it.  Ralph was the first northerner to move to the south and run the NASCAR series, they called him the FAYETEVILLE YANKEE, GO RALPHIE.
Ralph NASCAR, I think 1953, might be on the beach, not sure. In those days Ralph slept under or in his car depending if it was raining or not, lol. The men in Nascar back then were, Fonty and Tim Flock, Herb Thomas, Lee Petty, Buck Backer, Lee, Curtis Turner, Marshall Teague, Ralph Earnhardt , Fireball Roberts, Jim Pascal,
Dick Rathman, Marvin Panch, Hershal Mc Griff, Junior Johnson Ralph made some midnight runs with Junior to get money to race. In 1955 Ralph finished 10th NASCAR Grand National Series missing 11 of the 33 races held that season. That year Ralph won 7 features at Raleigh speedway and was the track champion, to bad I was never around any of it. Ralph was the first northerner to move to the south and run the NASCAR series, they called him the FAYETEVILLE YANKEE, GO RALPHIE.
Picture Added 12-09-2016 11:12 AM
Added by bobbyc1