Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > VintageBuzz's Profile > Albums

Harold and Gary Schafer
Originally posted in old ARM by schafer1: with additional comments by the late Rick Wasilko (R.I.P. Rick).
Here are some additional wonderful photos of the number 63. ~ Rick
I bought the 63 car from John Hockmiller in mid '69 and drove it only one season in 1970 and sold it to Butch Hannah late '70 or early '71 the car...
And speaking of the number 53, lets have a look at a few pics of it. It was known as 'The Torch'. Notice the singed paint on the left hand side where...
This is the Gary Schafer 53 driven by George Green 1971 ~ schafer1  
Gary and I were friends of Dick Montoyas and Roger Guzman when I was just 15. I...
Jim Moore drove the 53 for Gary for 3 years and George Green for 2 years. All of us North Denver guys, moved with the CARC in 1953 from Globeville to...
Gary started on Dan Pantano's pit crew in 1959, he owned his own car from '68 to '72 that was the 53 ~ schafer1
Gary's dragster with Albert Lloyd co owner. In North Denver in Billy Wolf's Garage. It ran as a D fuel dragster and was powered by an Ardun overhead...
Gary's dragster with Albert Lloyd co owner. In North Denver in Billy Wolf's Garage. It ran as a D fuel dragster and was powered by an Ardun overhead...
I blew that flathead all to pieces in the North turn at Lakeside coming out of 3 going into 4. I wish I had that engine today, I actually timed the...
Featured article on the Schafer's in a Lakeside Speedway Program ~ Rick