Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Racinart's Profile > Albums

1972-1973 Midwest Racing News Articles
Articles from the Milwaukee area race tracks. I show the 1972 lineup for both the newly formed Late Model division, and the Sportsman division.
1972 ProStar Milwaukee area lineup for the Late Model division
1972 ProStar Milwaukee area lineup for the Sportsman division
Another article about the Young America on Wheels program at the Milwaukee Mile.  Pretty neat stuff for a bunch of dirt trackers
An article about the Young America on Wheels exhibition races at the Milwaukee Mile
Donny wasn't feeling well one night at Beaver Dam so I got to drive in one of the heats.  A fourth place earned me this huge prize!  I never cashed...
I got to drive the car the last couple of nights at Cedarburg in 1973.  I finished second in a heat race.  I felt like I'd won the Daytona 500
1972 final Milwaukee area results
Cedarburg results.  Spectacular flip by Joel Laufer
1972 final Standings
Cedarburg results
Heat winner
Heat winner
Heat winner
A semi-feature win on the opening night of All Sportsman Night at Hales Corners.  Lots of familiar names in that lineup.
All Sportsman Night at Hales Corners
This was from an off-brand racing news that gave Donn credit for a win at Slinger on the final night of the season.  The funny thing is, we weren't...
10 lap heat winner at Slinger
Donn finished 6th in the feature at one of the All Sportsman Night at Hales Corners
Get a load of the purse for the night.  Also the attendance.