PDA

View Full Version : Rick & Peggy Pierce's Corvette Funny Car

superstroke
05-02-2009, 03:20 PM
From the Rick Losh collection, here is a picture of Rick and Peggy Pierce's Corvette Funny Car smoking em in 1977. Peggy drove this car until she put the car in the sand trap at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO. At that time, Rick began driving the car. The Clark Bothers Auto Body shop in Aurora was responsible for the paint on this great looking funny.

Czubek
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Rick and Peggy were our neighbors in Aurora until we moved to Mississippi. We were kids at the time, but he used to put us to work polishing mags and whatever else around the shop. They used to take my one brother and I to the drags quite often.

They had a '57 Corvette with a 265 named "Rasputin" and a '63 split window Vette with no name as I recall. They also acquired a '57 MG from Guzman and Dekker (?) (just saw a picture of that one) named it Pegasus. They started out on the MG as B/A and ended up with it a BB/A. I believe they were just talking about the F/C when we moved out.

I always missed them after the move. Talked to Rick a couple times on the phone after the divorce then lost track.

If I could snap my fingers and return to a time, that would be it...

Brian

Czubek
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know what ever happened to Peggy and the rest of her family?

Anyone care?

Brian