PDA

View Full Version : Over 5-minutes of sprint car mayhem caught on video

VintageBuzz
07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Over 5-minutes of sprint car mayhem caught on video. ~VB
YouTube - ‪King of the Hill Jon Stanbrough‬‏

Want to catch seven nights of dirt-track USAC Sprint Car racing between this Friday the 8th and Saturday the 16th?
2011 Indiana Sprint Week Schedule (ISW)
July 08 Gas City I-69 Speedway
July 09 Kokomo Speedway
July 10 Lawrenceburg Speedway
July 13 Terre Haute Action Track
July 14 Brownstown Speedway
July 15 Bloomington Speedway
July 16 Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt

See the entire ISW article at: http://www.bigwestracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29962

Mitch G.
07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I've seen NASCAR at Daytona (Bud clash sprint cup), Indy cars at the old Continental Divide Raceway (Andretti, Gurney, Foyt, etc.), seen NHRA top fuel, and funny cars, seen World of Outlaws several times, and the Chili bowl, Belleville, blah, blah, blah, and many other auto racing events over the years. Nothing, simply nothing compares to Indiana non-wing sprints, I've seen sprint cars at Kokomo, and Terre Haute, and can't wait to do the entire "Indiana Sprint Week" thing. That is the only auto racing event I'm slightly interested in seeing these days, it's on my Bucket List, for sure.

VintageBuzz
07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I've seen NASCAR at Daytona (Bud clash sprint cup), Indy cars at the old Continental Divide Raceway (Andretti, Gurney, Foyt, etc.), seen NHRA top fuel, and funny cars, seen World of Outlaws several times, and the Chili bowl, Belleville, blah, blah, blah, and many other auto racing events over the years. Nothing, simply nothing compares to Indiana non-wing sprints, I've seen sprint cars at Kokomo, and Terre Haute, and can't wait to do the entire "Indiana Sprint Week" thing. That is the only auto racing event I'm slightly interested in seeing these days, it's on my Bucket List, for sure.

I'm right there with you, Mitch. I long for those nights in the late '60s at CNS (either motorcycles or cars) when it was a bigger dirt-track oval or later in the '80s/'90s when the midgets stopped at Rocky Mountain Speedway for the 'Mauro Mile High Classic' before heading on to the high-banks of Belleville, KS. Yeah, it was dirty and muddy. But, there isn't anything much better than watching a skilled-racer backin' it into the corners as hard and as fast as possible. I too plan to do the entire "Indiana Sprint Week" thing before my bucket goes empty. ~VB