PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Racers Reunion at CNS

Joe Starr
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
The Racers Reunion for 2011 will be at Colorado National Speedway on Sunday August 21, 2011.

This event will follow the Saturday night induction, at CNS, of the 2011 class of Oval track races for the Colorado Motor Sports Hall of Fame.

This event is free and open to all former, current and future racers, crew members and fans. (Anyone that wants to come.)

More information to follow.

Colorado Vintage Oval Racers (CVOR)
Colorado National Speedway

thpracing
04-28-2011, 09:50 AM
The CARC will also be on hand celebrating our 65th anniversery,following our wingless race at cns the nite before...also, there will be a hotrod show on sunday---Joe's right about having everyone come out--the CARC had a lot of members at Lakeside, and alot of Englewood drivers came to Lakeside in the 80's--everyone from the gofers to the mechs to thedrivers---you're all invited...this is YOUR party---last and not least---the FANs---hope to see U there---kevin

ps---Joes so modest---congrats to ur induction--:bow:

frosty
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
CARC 65th Anniversary Celebration
The Colorado Automobile Racing Club will hold it's 65th Anniversary celebration in conjunction with the Racer's Reunion at CNS on 21 August 2011.

Specially invited guests include All CARC Charter Members, Lifetime members and Hall of Fame members. Your individualized invitation will include special benefits just for you. If you haven't received your invitation by May 15th , please contact CARC Secretary Glenda Bredeson at 303-975-6394.

The celebration will include displays of memorabilia from all eras of the CARC including: the helmet worn by our first president Dick Issac in 1946, Carl Brawley's pit steward jackets 1946-1957, the turn 3 caution light from Lakeside, the J.C. Agajanian Award from 2006 along with numerous photos etc.

The CNS Beer Garden will be homebase for the CARC. Food will be available from CNS concession stands. Current CARC souvenir merchandise will be available for sale.

Admission is free. Wear your CARC colors. This event is open to ALL CARC fans, past and present. Tentative times are Noon - 4pm. Planning is still in the works . Stay tuned for more info.

Joe Starr
05-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I have had several calls and emails about vendor space for the 2011 Racers Reunion, Aug 21, 2011. After a discussion with the parties in control of this event it has been decided that the contact will be Scott Backman at the CNS office.

For those interested in a vendor booth at this year’s reunion please call Scott at 303 828-0116 or email scott@coloradospeedway.com

Save the date, it will be here before you know it.

Joe Starr
06-17-2011, 07:36 AM
The August 21, 2011 date is the annual Racers Reunion and is open to all former, future and current racers, fans or anyone that wants to come.

This is a free event at Colorado National Speedway and is open to all who would like to attend.

parrot
06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Joe, for posting this notice. I made sure that I'm not doing anything else that weekend and will be there for sure with the hot rod. Looking forward to a great turnout.

VintageBuzz
06-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Joe, for posting this notice. I made sure that I'm not doing anything else that weekend and will be there for sure with the hot rod. Looking forward to a great turnout.

Hey Parrot! I'll be heading over there from Utah to attend. I can't wait to finally meet all of you fine folks in-person. ~VB:cheers:

Joe Starr
07-26-2011, 12:21 AM
The August 21, 2011 date is the annual Racers Reunion and is open to all former, future and current racers, fans or anyone that wants to come.

This is a free event at Colorado National Speedway and is open to all who would like to attend.

The Racers Reunion is just a little over three weeks away. Looks like it is shaping up to be a great event.

frosty
07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
C.A.R.C. 65th ANNIVERSARY

The Colorado Automobile Racing Club is celebrating 65 years of active competition in 2011. The festivities began with a combined CARC, CVOR, and Sabers of Denver get together at I-25 Speedway in June. The official 65th Anniversary celebration is the weekend of August 20/21 at Colorado National Speedway. If you are a fan of vintage oval track racing in Colorado,
THIS IS A DON'T MISS EVENT.

THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:

Saturday August 20-
The annual "Wingless" night for CARC Mod Coupes at CNS . Hate the wings ? This is the night for you !! Also on the program, Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame 2011 inductees will be in attendance. AND, the Colorado Vintage Oval Racers will take to the track for exhibition laps. Also, cars from the Sabers of Denver Car Club will be on display. And don't forget the weekly CNS racing divisions: Late Models, Pro Trucks, Super Stocks, and F-8. Qualifying races at 5pm. National Anthem at 6pm.

Sunday August 21-
The official 65th Anniversary Celebration at CNS. This event is in combination with the Colorado Racer's Reunion. Homebase for the CARC will be the beer garden in turn 2. Many CARC lifetime members will be on-hand along with current & vintage CARC modifieds. Memorabilia from Lakeside and past CARC seasons will be on display.
The Racer's Reunion is open to racers, fans and cars of all types of racing. Got a street rod ? Do a little bench racing with the Sabers. And best of all...

THE SUNDAY EVENT IS FREE

Food and drink will be available from CNS concessions.
Time is Noon - 4pm

Need info about the CARC celebration? Call Lee Ann Land 303-703-4842 or Glenda Bredeson at 303-975-6394.

COME JOIN US !!!

carc7
07-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Parrott, you better be there! And I'm looking forward to meeting you, Buzz!

Joe Starr
08-01-2011, 01:53 AM
The Racers Reunion is now less than three weeks away, Make your plans to attend.

Checkers
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
What kind of reunion is this? A CARC thing or is it for everybody that has raced in Colorado?

frosty
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
The Racer's Reunion is for ANYONE interested in auto racing of ALL types.

The CARC 65th Anniversary is being held at the same time / same place to get more racers to participate.

Come out and enjoy with racers past & present. You may be surprised who shows up !!!

webby
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
This is going to be a great event. Special thanks to the Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame (http://coloradomotorsportshalloffame.com/) and the Colorado Vintage Oval Racers (http://coloradovintageovalracers.com/) and of course Colorado National Speedway (http://coloradospeedway.com) for hosting the event.

Hope to see you all there.

Checkers
08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Sounds like quite a time. Maybe to see some of us older generation of CNS guys.
But the CARC is blowing up all this stuff like its their own event or somthing.

I would like to get some of the guys around here to if the activities bus is going to run on the 21st

ghubrex
08-04-2011, 10:36 AM
The Racer's Reunion was started by Joe Starr, Butch Speicher, John Witthar and Paul Garrison a nearly ten years ago as a way for fans and drivers, new and old, to meet and simply swap some stories, look at some pictures, and have a good time. John Witthar took up the cause and scheduled the event at Independence Park for a number of years, and the event moved to CNS three years ago, sponsored by the track and CVOR. We have still referred to it as the John Witthar Racer's Reunion; this year's event will be held in conjunction with the CARC 65th Anniversary Celebration, so it is indeed two events rolled into one. Everyone is welcome! The Sabres Street Rod club has been invited to be a part of the day, and the event is FREE! If you have an interesting street rod or muscle car, bring it out to CNS for the Reunion! Bring your old photographs and racing memorabilia, and spend the day with drivers, fans, crew members and other members of the racing community. See you at the Racer's Reunion!

ghubrex
08-15-2011, 10:27 PM
The Racer's Reunion is this weekend! Bring a car, some memorabilia, some friends, or just bring yourself! This is an event for the entire racing community--drivers, owners, crews, fans, and anyone else with an interest in our sport. Come to the track for the CARC wingless night, CVOR exhibition, and excellent CNS weekly racing program on Saturday night, then to the Reunion on Sunday to celebrate 65 years of CARC racing and spend time with like-minded racing folks!

Joe Starr
08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
The Racers Reunion is this Sunday. I have a garage and basement full of photos. I have made a commitment to bring the 1988 CNS Sportsman photos and was wondering if there was special interest in something else I might have that I can bring out for the reunion.

Let me know and I will try to bring it out.

Joe Starr
08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I was just told that Roy Jackson is planning on attending the Racers Reunion on Sunday. Joe Lehman had told me several weeks ago that he was going to be there also.