PDA

View Full Version : Would you advertise on Auto Racing Memories?

webby
05-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Auto Racing Memories has grown rapidly over the last few years. In fact ARM gets nearly the same amount of "foot traffic" per day as our sister site BigWestRacing.com which has been around for over 10 years and has dozens of partners that advertise which pays the bills. (Foot traffic is the total traffic of the site, not just the registered members that login but also the folks that just visit and read stuff).

I have always stated I would do my best to never ask anyone for any money to help ARM stay online. However, that doesn't mean that some of you might want to advertise a business, website, product, etc. on ARM. After all your ad would see over 60,000 unique visitors per year and a whopping 1,250,000 page views per year! That's great exposure for a banner ad.

I'm thinking of adding a small row of partner banners just under the ARM logo and header (similar to BWR).

The ads would be 120x60 pixels and I would put a very low price on them for early adopters (maybe as low as $200 per year?). In web terms that's nearly free. :D

Please let me know if that would be of interest to you. We have had to upgrade the server that ARM is on due to the large amount of "foot traffic" we get so it's kinda getting expensive. I want to find a "win win" way to pay the ARM operating costs.

Geronimo
05-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi--

It's a cool offer and may appeal to many of your users. I'm here for info only, with nothing to sell or advertise. In addition to enjoying the sprint cars of the pre-aero era immensely, I imagined I might get a lead on where an old friend is.

I had a friend / girlfriend when I first came to California in late '60's named Gail Simone Clark. She was Sim Clark's daughter, and I heard lots of stories about his shop, his championships, how she'd get crushes on his drivers as a teenage girl, then they'd get mangled or killed, etc. I lost track of her long ago, and with that surname and being female, I've had no luck.

BTW--I asked how her parents decided to give her a French middle name, "Simone," which I was pronouncing the French way: "see - MOAN." She said, "You're confused because you're saying it the wrong way. "I was named like a race car. My dad is Sim Clark, and I'm Sim One (Sim 1)."

Dan D
05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Webby,

I would be interested in helping. I don't need an adv, just keep the good info coming!

Dan D

webby
05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Webby,

I would be interested in helping. I don't need an adv, just keep the good info coming!

Dan DDan, that's really nice of you to offer, if you are filthy rich and are looking to off-load some money send me a private message. :D

But seriously, the deal is... we are doing okay paying all the bills and I will continue to do that no matter what it takes but we just thought some folks might jump at the opportunity to place a small ad for a small fee that way it's a "win win" for everyone.

Do you think it would be a good idea to add a small "donate" button to the home page for guys like you who would just like to help out?? :think:

webby
05-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I did add a small donate button for folks who just want to help out but have nothing to advertise. The button is on the ARM home page just under the active threads block (see image below). Thanks in advance for your support!!

And remember donating is PURLY volitional! We will keep this website going no matter what. If you cannot donate nor do not wish to advertise that's no problem, we just love having you here. :up:

http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=6124

Jerry Lee
05-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Webby, if I had a business or product to sell I would surely advertise here. It sounds like a great deal to me. I don't have either, but I CAN help spread the word, and you have my promise that I'll do that. Hopefully others will do the same and we can get some banners sold to help keep this place rolling along. Seriously gang, it will cost you nothing to help spread the word. I've always known that this was never a money making venture for you, that it is done more for your love of the history of the sport, and I've always appreciated that. Thank you.

ps-- The "donate" button is a great idea, but I'll have to give you cash! (I don't own a credit card!)

racemad
05-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I wish I had something to advertise...but I would surely contribute cash to keep ARM on the air...

webby
05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Webby, if I had a business or product to sell I would surely advertise here. It sounds like a great deal to me. I don't have either, but I CAN help spread the word, and you have my promise that I'll do that. Hopefully others will do the same and we can get some banners sold to help keep this place rolling along. Seriously gang, it will cost you nothing to help spread the word. I've always known that this was never a money making venture for you, that it is done more for your love of the history of the sport, and I've always appreciated that. Thank you.

ps-- The "donate" button is a great idea, but I'll have to give you cash! (I don't own a credit card!)

I wish I had something to advertise...but I would surely contribute cash to keep ARM on the air...Thanks guys, your participation and encouragement is extremely valuable to me.

And I cannot stress enough that there is no real crisis or anything. But I thought it might be a good idea to give folks the opportunity to help if they were able or had a business they wanted to promote.

Larry Dunham
05-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Webby
I am interested in an ARM ad for Dunham Publications my 1953,54,55 Miget Racing Annuals, and other products.
1. What size ad minimum? or bigger?
2. Mitch can brief you on my background
3. Never herd of Big West do you hantle that also?

Thanks,
Larry Dunham

webby
05-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Webby
I am interested in an ARM ad for Dunham Publications my 1953,54,55 Miget Racing Annuals, and other products.
1. What size ad minimum? or bigger?The ads will be 120x60 pixels and there will be 6 or 8 of them. ($200 per year each)

If you wanted a bigger ad you could theoretically buy two of them next to each other to make one ad twice the standard size.

2. Mitch can brief you on my background:up:

3. Never herd of Big West do you hantle that also?Yes, Http://bigwestracing.com is my other site that I created with legendary track photographer Joe Starr.

Mitch G.
05-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Hell yes everybody who want's to should advertise on ARM, lets let this thing loose, do an IPO and make billions......Webby will cut us all in on the action right??? Just kidding. I do think advertising is a fine addition to the site, in my opinion.

webby
05-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm.... an ARM IPO??? :think:

:rotfl:

bobjeffreson
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey webby,
On my Home Page..... There aint no "Donate " button under the active threads block.
Just Random Images from the Gallery.
What am I doing wrong?

webby
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey webby,
On my Home Page..... There aint no "Donate " button under the active threads block.
Just Random Images from the Gallery.
What am I doing wrong?:banghead: My bad!!

I had made the block but forgot to activate it for everyone else. Must have been too much Bourbon.

It should be there now.

bobjeffreson
05-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Webby,
AHHH ...now it's working!
Donation sent. Thanks for all the fun and information this wonderful site provides
Bob J
Sydney Australia

webby
05-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Webby,
AHHH ...now it's working!
Donation sent. Thanks for all the fun and information this wonderful site provides
Bob J
Sydney Australia
Thank you Bob, that makes a big difference. :up: