View Full Version : New Member from Colorado

01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, I grew up in Colorado Springs, CO and remember my dad taking me to Pikes Peak Speedway for the first time in the summer of 1970 or 71. When I first went they only raced cars of 1959 or older. It wasn't until a few years later that I saw Camaros, Mustangs, Chevelles and newer model cars at the track.

I remember when Colorado Springs International Speedway opened east of town. In 1979 I was on a pit crew there. The driver was Jack Chard, who was deaf and he drove #26x in the Hobby Stock division.

I am trying to build scale models of some of the old cars I used to watch. When I discovered the Colorado Racing Memories site is no longer available I found ARM. I hope to find some pictures of cars from the 70's here soon. And meet some other old Rocky Mtn region stock car fans.

Quick Time
01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Welcome Highboy-xlt,

This is a great site and there are several model builders here. They offer great photos and much advice on where to get parts.

Hope you enjoy this fun friendly site.

01-09-2010, 07:12 PM
good deal there are several model builders on this good site maybe give you some hints or maybe you could x change ideas, post some pics Harold