PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Colorado

highboy-xlt
01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone, I grew up in Colorado Springs, CO and remember my dad taking me to Pikes Peak Speedway for the first time in the summer of 1970 or 71. When I first went they only raced cars of 1959 or older. It wasn't until a few years later that I saw Camaros, Mustangs, Chevelles and newer model cars at the track.

I remember when Colorado Springs International Speedway opened east of town. In 1979 I was on a pit crew there. The driver was Jack Chard, who was deaf and he drove #26x in the Hobby Stock division.

I am trying to build scale models of some of the old cars I used to watch. When I discovered the Colorado Racing Memories site is no longer available I found ARM. I hope to find some pictures of cars from the 70's here soon. And meet some other old Rocky Mtn region stock car fans.

Quick Time
01-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome Highboy-xlt,

This is a great site and there are several model builders here. They offer great photos and much advice on where to get parts.

Hope you enjoy this fun friendly site.

Chuck

schafer1
01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
good deal there are several model builders on this good site maybe give you some hints or maybe you could x change ideas, post some pics Harold