PDA

View Full Version : Paul Garrisons #60 Ford Late Model

superstroke
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
From the Roy Jackson collection, this photo was taken in the pits at Lakeside Speedway, Denver, CO. Paul Garrisons #60 Ford Late Model appears to be ready for battle. Behind Pauls car are the #64 modified owned and driven by Dave Fite. Dave and Carol Fite were both very competitive. "Little Fite" as the car was known, was a consistant slow "A" to fast "A" modified. Carol could also handle this great looking modified stocker competing in the "Powder Puff" division. The blue Chevrolet late model appears to be none other than Bart Manleys #98 car. Barts cars were always top runners and were easy on the eyes as well. Paul Garrison ran this late model on both asphalt and on the dirt at CNS. He was a very accomplished driver.

rapid30
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM
The #60 of Paul Garrison is another of example of Archie the Strokers work.

The body that is currently on the purple #30 that was owned by Don Bennett and that I was allowed to drive is none other than the#64 of Dave Fites that is shown in the background.
Bruce

lakeside #29
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
In the mid-'70's Mike McIntyre bought all of Dave Fite's cars and parts. The body that was on #30 was Mike's maroon #89. I had that body in my backyard for awhile. Butch Wallace bought it from Mike. When Butch sold the Ex-Mark Bilick #4 Harold Evans driven modified to Ken Bennet the body went with it. That car oringinally was a chopped top hot rod. I talked to Gary Brandt who did body work for dave Fite at a swap meet. He told me that they used another roof to un-chop it.

Chris

Quick Time
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Paul had many nice looking cars, also very fast with him behind the wheel. One of the first cars he helped Potter build was a Nash Willie. Great build, not sure it every ran great.