PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside/RMMRA 50th Anniversary

Thomas E
05-26-2010, 06:10 AM
I think that is right.

Photos from the the Lakeside/RMMRA 50th Anniversary Race meet.

Number 36 KK/110 Offy. At the time it was owned by a fellow from Boulder, Colorado, it may still be. The 110 Offy was actually at 103 cubic inches. I have seen the #36 car pictured in other publications such as vintage midget racing periodicals.

Number 13. Pete Brandenberg. Neat car. 13? Great Number.

(Photos from the Thomas E collection)

Mitch G.
05-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Thomas, here's the story on the #36 car, I was there that night, great evening and that #36 was truly beautiful. Derek Lewin wrights for "Vintage Oval Magazine", he lives in Boulder but has a business in New England somewhere.
http://www.autoracingmemories.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=2222

Thomas E
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Thomas, here's the story on the #36 car, I was there that night, great evening and that #36 was truly beautiful. Derek Lewin wrights for "Vintage Oval Magazine", he lives in Boulder but has a business in New England somewhere.

Yes, I was there too, and what a night that was . . . Hog Heaven for Midget Lovers.

I believe that Palmer Crowell won the main event, was a 40 or 50 lap main.

I took my photos from the east side stands.

RJ Butz
07-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I've got one of that one, too. Beautiful car. Some more pics on the way. I was there as well(west stands) - young kid but still remember the crash in turn one. Glad they were alright!
Jim Butz Photo

webby
07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I've got one of that one, too. Beautiful car. Some more pics on the way. I was there as well(west stands) - young kid but still remember the crash in turn one. Glad they were alright!
Jim Butz PhotoRJ, that's an interesting picture, mainly because from that perspective looking across to where we normally sat. I would guess that me, Mitch, and my pop are in that pic.

Am I right about that Mitch? Isn't that the grandstand we always sat in??

Mitch G.
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Yep, we were up there in our usual corner for that race, same place we had been sitting since the early 1960's. Very top row of the back chute grandstands, all the way to the south end of the stands, probably still some pencil drawings on the white paint behind our seats, used to sketch between races, guess that would be some form of graffiti!?!