Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars

Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Checkered Flag (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Larry McLaughlin leaves us (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1378)

lakeside #29 09-27-2011 01:50 PM

Larry McLaughlin leaves us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry McLaughlin has driven his beautiful #38 Modified Coupe under his last checkerd flag.

Larry passed away early this morning (9-27) with all of his family around his bed. Greg will keep us informed of any Memorials. Our love and prayers go out to Alice, Greg and Debbie and all of their families.

Miss Peggy and

Jerry Lee 09-27-2011 03:37 PM

Re: Larry McLaughlin leaves us

Oh man, sorry to hear this news. I'm glad I got to meet Larry awhile back and was happy to see him make a comeback in the coupes. My thoughts and prayers are with the McLaughlins during this time. Just know that #38 is now running with some great racing legends up there! R.I.P. Larry McLaughlin:checker:

Quick Time 09-27-2011 05:58 PM

My condolences to the McLaughlin family. Larry R.I.P. and thanks for the memories.

Chuck

webby 09-27-2011 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Prayers and condolences go out to all of Larry's family and friends. :(

I was lucky enough to get to design Larry's hero card just a month ago or so.

Mitch G. 09-28-2011 09:17 AM

God Speed and RIP Larry.
Prayers to the family, sorry to hear the news.

thpracing 09-29-2011 04:21 PM

I just returned from out of town yesterday and heard the word about Larry Mac. The Tearney family went thru a similer tragedy in january and our hearts and prayers are with Greg and his family. I will treasure always seeing Larry on the track again this year in the yellow roadster...and meeting Larry and Greg again after so many years----there's one helluva main going on up in heaven---kevin and linn tearney and all of THPracing.

RIP Larry:checker:

TMEANS1950 09-30-2011 05:15 PM

Our thoughts and prayers to out to Larry's family, may God wrap his loving arms around all of you and give you peace. My heart goes out to you, I lost my Dad two years ago, and still miss him.

Fastway 09-30-2011 10:47 PM

Well Dad passed a little after 3am Monday morning, Quietly.
One thing that Dad was excited about was the doctor giving him the high sign to get back into the car. Winning the first main event of the season and getting quick time at BCS just before his B-Day in June. And going to Pueblo to run the car. They would not let him race, but let him run the first session of hot laps. Gary with a 12.47 quick time and Dad ran a respectable 12.92 with used tires and an "Old Car" and not having run the track since it had been redone. Dad was satisfied he had proved he could still get it done.

Anyway, enough of the memories. Services will be at FT Logan Cemetary on Fri Oct 7th at 1:30pm stage area "B". There will be a get together at Fatfenders Grill -2490 w Hampden- from 3pm till 7pm
for info call 303-536-4016

To my,,,,,,Friend, my Hero and my Dad I LOVE YOU and that im thankful for all the great times together.

RIP.

Greg

rapid30 10-03-2011 02:41 PM

Larry RIP my friend, I truly enjoyed my many battles racing against and with you.
Alice, Greg, Debbie and the rest of the Mac family, my thoughts and prayers are with you all and I know what you went through. Larry fought the tough battle and I hope he is now pain free.
Love Bruce

superstroke 10-04-2011 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rest in Peace Mac.