Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars

Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Question... Bill Meiklejohn (http://autoracingmemories.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859)

Thomas E 07-28-2010 04:37 PM

Bill Meiklejohn

Wasn't there a picture of Bill Meiklejohn and his #13 '57 Chevy on the old Auto Racing Memoeries? The photo or photos were about the mid to late 60's, it may have been at a car show.

Bill's #13 was blue with silver numbers, nice looking car.

Howlandj 02-17-2012 09:11 PM

Re: Bill Meiklejohn

Hi This is Lori Meiklejohn Bill's Daughter. Im using a Friends signin. I Have that picture you are asking about If you would like a copy. Unfortunately My dad recently passed. Febuary 14th 2012 he Lost his fight with Cancer.

Thomas E 02-18-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howlandj (Post 8376)
Hi This is Lori Meiklejohn Bill's Daughter. Im using a Friends signin. I Have that picture you are asking about If you would like a copy. Unfortunately My dad recently passed. Febuary 14th 2012 he Lost his fight with Cancer.

Lori...

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear of your Dad's (Bill) passing, and please accept my sincerest sympathies.

There was a group of us that pitted together at CNS when it was the days dirt, dust and glory, it was of course Bill Meiklejohn #13; Larry Ginardi #3; Bob Couch, Jim Binkley and myself #17. I remember that your Dad was outgoing with a ready smile, the five of us had formed a bond of racers that watched out for each other, at that time I was helping Bob and Jim and I would Bill and Larry out from time to time, I think the thing I remember the most was the friendship that we had, it was first rate. Oh and I can't forget our welder Charlie Brotherton.

When I decided it was time for me to run a car, these four friends of mine helped to put a car together, not only did they offer advice, but they also helped me round up some of the parts and stuff to put it together, my number was 121, we still maintained our friendship.

Bob Couch passed away a number of years ago; I think Jim Binkley is still in the Denver area; and Larry Ginardi (Larry's Transmission Service) may have passed away, I asked around but most of the guys I asked didn't know either.

Things have a way of slipping away from us, like friendships, we're almost sure we'll not loose contact and before we know it we are asking, "Where or what has happened to so-and-so." There is always a regret when we learn of that persons passing or no one knows what became of them, sometimes it feels like one of those dropped spots in a knitting pattern and thinking something is missing.

I do ramble on, anyway, if you can spare a copy of your Dad's car that would be great, or if you can post it here on ARM.

All the best to you and your family ~ Thomas

Toolfan66 03-30-2012 09:17 PM

I remember having good times at englewood, CNS, and lakeside. But to bad alcohol ruled him and clouded his ability to being a good man.

Toolfan66 04-06-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas E (Post 8377)
Lori...

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear of your Dad's (Bill) passing, and please accept my sincerest sympathies.

There was a group of us that pitted together at CNS when it was the days dirt, dust and glory, it was of course Bill Meiklejohn #13; Larry Ginardi #3; Bob Couch, Jim Binkley and myself #17. I remember that your Dad was outgoing with a ready smile, the five of us had formed a bond of racers that watched out for each other, at that time I was helping Bob and Jim and I would Bill and Larry out from time to time, I think the thing I remember the most was the friendship that we had, it was first rate. Oh and I can't forget our welder Charlie Brotherton.

When I decided it was time for me to run a car, these four friends of mine helped to put a car together, not only did they offer advice, but they also helped me round up some of the parts and stuff to put it together, my number was 121, we still maintained our friendship.

Bob Couch passed away a number of years ago; I think Jim Binkley is still in the Denver area; and Larry Ginardi (Larry's Transmission Service) may have passed away, I asked around but most of the guys I asked didn't know either.

Things have a way of slipping away from us, like friendships, we're almost sure we'll not loose contact and before we know it we are asking, "Where or what has happened to so-and-so." There is always a regret when we learn of that persons passing or no one knows what became of them, sometimes it feels like one of those dropped spots in a knitting pattern and thinking something is missing.

I do ramble on, anyway, if you can spare a copy of your Dad's car that would be great, or if you can post it here on ARM.

All the best to you and your family ~ Thomas

Larry Ginardi is still alive, not sure what he is doing now days as I haven't seen him in years but a guy I work with (Dwight H.) still sees him now and then. Dwight still races once in a while but he makes it to every Chili Bowl in OK. Every year.