View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
parrot

Default Re: Larry DeChants #100 Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
Ha! Check out the oriental style lettering. You don't see that too often on a race car.
Timely thread! Just last week I ran across some photos that I didn't remember having, including this one. (Gotta get organized some day) That oriental style number is probably what made Dechant's cars some of my favorites over the years. First saw it on a blue '32 Chevy 3 window, I think it was in 1955. I took the photo below from someone's scrapbook at one of the reunions of what I'm guessing is the same car, only a few years earlier. The sponsor matches up with the 1959 Lakeside program. Is this the light blue version? I like that combination, red numbers on light blue. Curiously, in a Beans Alexander collection photo from the old CRM site, in the background can be seen a two door version of #100. It's sitting behind the Fred Henning driven #61 from about the same time frame, if anyone happens to have that. Don't remember a two door at all. Like to find a better photo. Anyway, this '31 coupe looks to have a pretty straight body and it seems to have stayed that way with Chris' #29. Nice survivor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dechant #100.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	868  
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote