View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
parrot

Default Re: Ralph Huntsinger

Glad you enjoyed those old photos Chris, hopefully some others of the Huntsinger cars will show up. I saw that obit of R.O. Huntsinger in the paper also. Had to be him since that's how he was listed, as owner or co-owner, in the programs. Wonder if any of the family kept their racing memorabilia.

I remember a Lakeside car with the flip-up body also at the Sabers show. Also the #88 Vic with all the chrome. Benefit of having a chrome shop as a sponsor. I remember one time (maybe that show?) where they even had a chrome hood top, grill shell and insert! Wonder if they got the 'best looking car' award that year. It sure got my vote. That's another car I'd like to find a better photo of. Jr. Denning told me once that his purple #98 was more or less what was left of that car. It was pretty good looking also.

Since you mentioned the #25 Sorenson car, here's a 1959 program photo of it along with the write-up. Met the Sorenson's son about a year ago up at my son's shop in Windsor and he said he'd try to find and send me some more photos.

I remember Eleanor Sweetser from the powder puff days, but when I checked my old programs, her name is listed, but with no car number. I've attached a photo of the #60 car from 1960 that I got from former racer Fred Floth. Wondered if that's the one you remember. (Not sure who that young lady is) Fred raced this car as a purple #99 for a few years, then it became Dan Forehand's #18. Lost track of it after that. BP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#25 pg 1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	597   Click image for larger version

Name:	#25, 1959.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	598   Click image for larger version

Name:	#25 pg 2.jpg
Views:	385