Thread: Profile... Cliff Hudson
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Hudfire
One Post Wonder

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.
Default Re: Cliff Hudson

I came across this article a few days ago and this was a great read. You see, Cliff Hudson was my Uncle (My Dad's brother) In fact, my Dad, Phil Hudson, is in the picture with Cliff sitting in the car with the 3 men hiding the non-white fender (He's the one in the middle). I shared this forum post on my Facebook page for all of my family to see. My Dad called me to thank me for posting that because of all of the memories that it brought back for him when he was younger and helping my Uncle Cliff during his racing days.

For those of you who do not know, Cliff Hudson passed away on May 6th after complications with surgery. The following is copied from the memorial card from his service.

Clifford Peter Hudson, 71, passed away Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 at Stormont Vail Hospital in Topeka.

He was born March 26, 1943 in Prairie du Chein, Wisconsin, the son of Clifford Leroy and Helen Catherine (Mikel) Hudson.

He had worked as welder and mechanic on highway and heavy equipment until medical retirement in 1983.

He married Rachael Satterfield on August 17, 1969 in Englewood, Coloarado. Nine years ago, Cliff and Rachael moved to Osage City from Louviers, Colorado.

Survivors include his wife Rachael of the home; a daughter Rachael Catherine Dove of Osage City; a sister, Rita Mitchell of Lakewood, Colorado; three brothers, Paul Hudson and Patrick Hudson, both of Denver and Philip Hudson of Wasilla, Alaska.

He was proceeded in death by his parents, a sister, Jean DiBari, a baby brother, Michael Hudson and son-in-law, James Dove III.

Memorial contributions can be made to Clifford Peter Hudson Memorial Fund and sent in care of VanArsdale Funeral Chapel, 107 N Sixth, Osage City, KS 66523

Many of my family members were able to attend the service for Cliff. i have always had a wonderful family and we come together in time of need whenever possible. It was nice to see so many family members that I haven't seen in many, many years.

I want to thank everyone who manages this website. This is another way to help keep my Uncle's memory alive. If there is anyone who is active on this site, and knew my Uncle back during his racing days, I would love to hear some stories. I will keep my family up to date with any replies that are posted here.

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
David Clifford Hudson

R.I.P. Uncle Cliff. You will always be missed, always loved, and never forgotten.
Hudfire is offline   Reply With Quote