Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
cchucksales

Default old time sprint car builder

Glad, to be aboard, hi to all

Chuck Carpenter Medina, Ohio
cchucksales is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
cchucksales

Default Re: old time sprint car builder

Some names of our old drivers, some alive, some not,

Rick Firkle, Larry Dickson, Steve Unger, Billy Cassella, Jac Haudnschild, at 15 years old, Doc Dawson, passed away in our car, on the one mile, in Springfield illinois, Lou Blaney,nascar Dave Blaneys dad, the man i raced with for years, was a very well known driver, he just passed 2 years ago, Mac Clingan, for you real old timers my dad was meridth myles aka MYLES ENGINEERING best freind, i was going to the races with them at 7 years old, Dayton, williams grove, berea ohio fairgrounds, drivers were, Red Bales, and Cowboy, Gays Biro, that should stir up some memorys, I also spent many nights learning build, cars with Charlie Alfater, but spent most of my building time with, Del Schmidlin, great driver, and Master Builder, now gone, the last driver we had with Del, was Gentleman Jim Fizer,

HOPE THIS JOGS SOME OF YOUR MEMORYS, CHUCK CARPENTER :
cchucksales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchucksales View Post
Some names of our old drivers, some alive, some not,

Rick Firkle, Larry Dickson, Steve Unger, Billy Cassella, Jac Haudnschild, at 15 years old, Doc Dawson, passed away in our car, on the one mile, in Springfield illinois, Lou Blaney,nascar Dave Blaneys dad, the man i raced with for years, was a very well known driver, he just passed 2 years ago, Mac Clingan, for you real old timers my dad was meridth myles aka MYLES ENGINEERING best freind, i was going to the races with them at 7 years old, Dayton, williams grove, berea ohio fairgrounds, drivers were, Red Bales, and Cowboy, Gays Biro, that should stir up some memorys, I also spent many nights learning build, cars with Charlie Alfater, but spent most of my building time with, Del Schmidlin, great driver, and Master Builder, now gone, the last driver we had with Del, was Gentleman Jim Fizer,

HOPE THIS JOGS SOME OF YOUR MEMORYS, CHUCK CARPENTER :
Chuck, welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
bobjeffreson

Hey Chuck,
Sent you an email regarding the 1/4 scale stuff.
bobjeffreson is offline   Reply With Quote