Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Vintage Race Cars For Sale

Vintage Race Cars For Sale Occasionally we stumble across interesting old vintage race cars for sale on the internet. We post them here so we can talk about them and share them with each other.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
webby
Administrator

Default 1969 Vintage USAC Sprint Car Roadster

Here's an interesting eBay item...

Click the image to see a slideshow of the car.

Description:
This Northwest sprint roadster was built, owned and driven by Eldon Rasmussen (a three-time Indy veteran). The car was built in 1964 and raced with CAMRA (Canadian American Modified Racing Association) as a supermodified. It was runner-up in 1965.

In 1969 Rasmussen took it to Indiana to run the USAC Sprint Car Division, where it was campaigned through the 1971 season.

Rasmussen then sold the roadster and it went back to being a supermodified in the Indiana/Michigan area. Some of the drivers during this time were Oscar Fay, Billy Joe Havens, and Jim Welsh.

I bought what was left of the roadster a few years ago from Pat York and started a frame-up restoration. I rebuilt the frame and suspension back to how Rasmussen ran it in '69. As no body came with the car I fabricated the Watson-type you see. The nose and tail are fiberglass and the rest is aluminum. The upholstery, paint job, and nickel/chrome plating are new. A bolt-on cage is included.

Among the parts are:
Engine: Stock 1986 305 Chevy small block, with on-board starter
Transmission: Early Ford 3-speed top-loader with reverse
Rear End: CAE champ quick change. There are 5.20 gears in it now. No other gear sets are included. Halibrand and Winters gears fit.
Steering: Ross
Brakes: JFZ
Carburetor: Holly 4-barrel
Fuel Cell: New 5 gallon
Wheels: Weld steel kidney-hole
Wing Nuts & Pressure Plates: Halibrand
Tires: Goodyear Bluestreak (take-offs from vintage road racing)
Seat Belt/Shoulder Harness: Crow 5-point. Bought new (run 4 events)

Everything is period correct.
I built the car with the idea of being eligible to participate in both local and national vintage events, although rules change from place-to-place. Since completing the car in April of last year I have run 4 local events.
The car is very user friendly and can be a one-man operation. No crew needed for loading/unloading or staging for exhibitions.

Roadster is turn key and ready to go for the 2012 season!!! I am running it this Saturday night (March 31) at the Madera Speedway.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links