Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Modifieds

Modifieds The open wheel version of a stock car has a wide range of variations as well as the supermodfied which is a closer relative to the sprint car.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Monkaz
Rookie

Default Bob Herring modified Englewood Speedway 1970s

Does anyone have a picture of the modified sprint car that Bob Herring ran at Englewood Speedway in the early 1970s?
Monkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Mitch G.

Default Re: Bob Herring modified Englewood Speedway 1970s

I've got Englewood Speedway programs all throughout the 70's, and dozens of promotional flyers they used to send out, no mention of Bob Herring at all. He must have run on and off, but not as a registered car owner or driver with the Englewood Racing Association, ?
I have a 1974 Big Car Racing Association (BCRA) sprint car program, for a show at Colorado National Speedway, he timed in at 22:10 in a #17 car. Also in a couple of 1978 sprint car programs for a weekly show at Colorado National, in a #76, no photos however.

Last edited by Mitch G.; 04-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
Monkaz
Rookie

Default Re: Bob Herring modified Englewood Speedway 1970s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G. View Post
I've got Englewood Speedway programs all throughout the 70's, and dozens of promotional flyers they used to send out, no mention of Bob Herring at all. He must have run on and off, but not as a registered car owner or driver with the Englewood Racing Association, ?
I have a 1974 Big Car Racing Association (BCRA) sprint car program, for a show at Colorado National Speedway, he timed in at 22:10 in a #17 car. Also in a couple of 1978 sprint car programs for a weekly show at Colorado National, in a #76, no photos however.
The car I was looking for was a sprint car that was owned by Harry Conklin and was driven by Jim Malloy before Bob Herring bought it. I believe Herring sold it to a guy who ran it in E.R.A. at Englewoood in the mid 1970s - does that ring any bells?
Monkaz is offline   Reply With Quote