Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Just want to shoot the breeze and fellowship? This is the place!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #21
parrot

Default Re: Paul's Model Racing Cars

Thomas, I remember Johnny Habberman's deuce 3 window. Always wondered what ever happend to it. He'd park it in the infield during time trials, then get it the heck outa there before the races started. Was that when he was part of the flagging crew?

On the Mo Jackson car, believe he always drove #65. Remember it as a '34 3 window, light blue with a cream spear and circle graphics with the number inside the circle. He and Norm Englbom went into the used truck business sometime in the sixties.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #22
Thomas E

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot View Post
Thomas, I remember Johnny Habberman's deuce 3 window. Always wondered what ever happend to it. He'd park it in the infield during time trials, then get it the heck outa there before the races started. Was that when he was part of the flagging crew?

On the Mo Jackson car, believe he always drove #65. Remember it as a '34 3 window, light blue with a cream spear and circle graphics with the number inside the circle. He and Norm Englbom went into the used truck business sometime in the sixties.
Johnny was the lightman and assistant flagman at the time he was there.

Morris told me about the #29 car, he had a car dealership at the time (early 60's) on South Federal Boulevard Avenue between West Virginia Avenue and West Center Avenue, across from some cement company at West Custer Place.

"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #23
Thomas E

Here si the Early Years Resin Cast link.

Down the left side are links to Early Years products, gallery, and other resources. Note: Resin cast bodies and parts require care and patience.

I realize that Revell is re-releasing the re-issued Monogram '30 Ford Model 'A', but if the body is all that is needed . . .
Here is photo of Early Years resin cast '30 Ford Model 'A'. Go to the body link of Early Years to see the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moda.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	886  

"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #24
carc7

And here is my latest: my Al Starr #7 machine. I presented it to him at the CARC banquet on November 7, 2009 before he was inducted into the CARC Hall of Fame.
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #25
Slim Louis
Slim Louis

Nice looking models!
Slim Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
carc7

Thanks, Slim Louie! Building these keeps me off the streets at night. At least I have something to show for the evening besides hours of numbing my brain with TV. Paul
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #27
thpracing
thpracing

come on Paul--you've been known to dabble with the real thing once and a while--you know I like your stuff---kt
thpracing is offline   Reply With Quote