Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Just want to shoot the breeze and fellowship? This is the place!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Mitch G.

Default Why isn't Earl Kouba in the CMHOF!

Just looking over the new Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame web-site. Either I can't read it properly, or I missed it, but I can't find Earl Kouba as an inductee into the hall. Webby knows the people in charge over there, Joe and Jimmy, you need to round up your dad's stats and bio and get it over to those folks, Earl truly deserves a place in the hall. I'm sure the surviving midget and sprint drivers, and owners from that era would agree, someone needs to get moving on this.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: Why isn't Earl Kouba in the CMHOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G. View Post
Just looking over the new Colorado Motorsports Hall of Fame web-site. Either I can't read it properly, or I missed it, but I can't find Earl Kouba as an inductee into the hall. Webby knows the people in charge over there, Joe and Jimmy, you need to round up your dad's stats and bio and get it over to those folks, Earl truly deserves a place in the hall. I'm sure the surviving midget and sprint drivers, and owners from that era would agree, someone needs to get moving on this.
There is a new nomination form located here...

http://coloradomotorsportshalloffame...omination-form

The 2010 winners have already been selected but I don't know who they are. I just do the website and am not privy to the "inside info".
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
JRKracer

Dad truley belongs there as well as the National HOF. The problem we have is we can only document the 21 victories he has in RMMRA, and the other midget clubs that were there. We have only his recollection and stories of others on the other 50 some wins. Some sanction and most barn storming. Those that are still alive that knew him and or raced against him would testifiy as to how good he was. I will tell you he ran his racings as a business that made money. To him it was not profitable to win alot,The ware and tare on the car cost more,but running in the top 5 was. I really wish I could document the number of time he ran second, third or forth. If he ran 20 shows a year he could do it on one engine freshen, and a couple of tires. This cost around 300.00. Gas, pitpasses and race fuel cost him on average 25.00/ nite. If he ran the 20 shows and averaged 150.00 /nite winnings, which he did for over 20 years, racing netted him about 2200.00 per season. Enough to buy grocries for his family all year ,back in those days. Anyway that is the reason I beleive he belongs. Not so much for his wins but for the longgivity, consistancy , and I kinda really liked him. He is my hero.
JRKracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
carc7

Gosh, it's not just a matter of victories! Earl was a true pioneer of the sport in this area. He was also respected by all in the racing community; even those of us who didn't follow the midgets closely. I think he deserves it just based on his contribution to the sport.
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote