Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Christine Bauer Flanders

Default Blast from the past

Hi- I am the proud granddaughter of a man who graced your speedway as a flagger... Hank Bauer- probably around the 1940's- 1050's... He has just recently passed away and since we shared a passion for racing up until the day he passed- I was given some AMAZING pics that were of the track and him there doing what he loved best- standing on the start/finish line with a flag in one hand and his trusty clicker in the other! I would love to share these pics with you if you would like to see them and maybe there is someone there who could help me with dates?? I would love to hear from anyone and everyone who could help!
PS... in his last hours he was calling #'s just random ones out loud and pointing- and I know from many hours of conversations- that he was calling out the cars as they passed the finish line... his last # that he said was 14 over and over--- since Tony Stewart is my driver... I felt blessed as we had just talked about the new season.
I look forward to sharing!:check er:
Christine Bauer Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
xo1tech

Default Re: Blast from the past

Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather. Hopefully some of the guys here will remember him and be able to help you with dates.

I did a google search to see if I might be able to find something on him.

There was a famous baseball player by the same name. That really complicates things when it comes to finding relevant information.

If you don't mind me asking, was Hank his real name?

What track did he flag at?
xo1tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
rapid30

Welcome to ARM, Look forward to seeing some of the pictues you speak of. Hope you find many hous of enjoyment here.
Bruce rapid30 Rhoades

"Give pint's for half pints", I do
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
xo1tech

As Rapid30 said, we look forward to seeing the pictures you speak of and we are here to help find out more about your Grandfather if we can.

Hurry Back!!!
xo1tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Christine Bauer Flanders

His real name was Henry Bauer- no Middle name. His Daughter at one time was the "trophy" girl, my Aunt Charlotte Bauer... He had always lived at the same address- 1066 South Canosa Ct, Denver, 80219... His Brother, Art, had helped some also.
I look forward to any info that you can find for me- I wish there was a way to have this prompt me when you reply--- my personal email is chrissymissy64@yahoo.com
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Christine Bauer Flanders

He flagged @ Englewood and Lakeside
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Christine Bauer Flanders

I have some of the pics saved to my computer... unfortunately they are not as clear as the originals... but I cannot figure out how to get them on to your site... Help