Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Modifieds

Modifieds The open wheel version of a stock car has a wide range of variations as well as the supermodfied which is a closer relative to the sprint car.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
webby
Administrator

Default Re: Southeastern Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
Let me know if you are still interested and maybe you can help guide me thru the process. I'll have to resize and do a lot of things I haven't done before. I would like to learn.
The easiest way to post a picture in your post is to click the "manage attachments" button when you are creating your post. You will be guided through the process there.

Or you can check out these video instructions.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
dirtman

Just awesome! I checked your dads bio. Read it word for word. Loved the pictures! I have a 48 yr old son who I think looks at me like you look at your Dad. And that's a very warm feeling. He works for I-racing (sim racing co) and a lot of his on-line racing cars are painted like or a take off of my old paint schemes. Really cool for me! Also have a daughter who raced Thunder Stocks and Street Stocks here in Florida a couple years back. I think she won almost as many features as I did waaay back when. Rett
dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
Slim Louis
Slim Louis

Haven't looked over here in a while, Good to see you here, too Rettt, I just posted a welcome post over at Fred's site, I'm an administrator over there. Looking forward to seeing and sharing some pictures and waxing nostalgically! My step brothe bought and drove Roger Regath's old 53-4 Chevy sportsman that Roger won the championship in, when? 61, 62? Went to high school and hung out with Tim Lipski and Roger plautz. They went racing and I learned to play and turned to rock and roll!
Slim Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Slim Louis
Slim Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
Do either of you have any old pictures from Hales Corners or Cedarburg? I would love to see some of that stuff. It sounds great.

I have quite a few myself, all mixed together. I might be able to recognize a track in some photos!
Slim Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
indybigjohn

I know this is pavement, but I'm hoping somebody in that Wisconsin bunch can identify this car. The photo was taken at the ASA race at Milwaukee in 1981. Somebody sent it to me to identify and I can't. I'm sure the car didn't make the main.

indybigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
indybigjohn

OK, we got it! I posted it over on the HAMB and somebody from Wisconsin said it's Fred Bender from the Madison area.
indybigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #17
Racinart

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.

I used to crew for Donn Schumann back in '72-'73. I recently loaded up a ton of pictures from my scrapbook. I've attached a picture of Bill and Donn at Hales Corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemodman View Post
Rett- I work with Willie Seiske, believe it or not he still has the 57 Chevy sitting next to his house!

vintagemodman
Racinart is offline   Reply With Quote