Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
dirtman

Wink dirtman

Goodmorning. I may have been Mr. Swift on a race track years ago, but I'm definetely not on the computor. So please be patient with me. My name is Rett Rundell, currently living in Springhill, Florida. Raced mid 60's to 1980 at Hales Corners, Cedarburg, Slinger (when it was dirt) Speedways. Ran Fords with some success. Found this site while doing some research for a model I'm building. Just retired two years ago and modeling seems to help fill the void. I can only ride my Harley so much!! LOL Am looking forward to conversing with some other short track junkies.
dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: dirtman

Welcome to Auto Racing Memories Rett! We are honored to have you on-board!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
dirtman

Thanks for the welcome. Don't know how much I can contribute, but we'll see what happens. I should mention the tracks I mentioned are all around the Milwaukee area and it was Sportsman and Late Model racing. One more thing. I was quite surprised when I scanned down to Slinger Sportsman pics and saw my face!!! I won a race driving Bill Seiske's '57 Chev. Sort of shocking after 38 years to see a pic of myself! Maybe I'll meet someone in here who remembers those days.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
old#7

Rett,
I'll test my memory here. In or around 1973, did you drive car #43, something like a orange and white '62 ford maybe? I think I might have built a model of your car back then. My brother and I used to build models of many of the Sportsman and Late Models. Probably didnt look too much like the real car, I was 12 at the time.
Bob
old#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
dirtman

Yea, that would have been me! Also, in the sportsman pictures Slim posted, that is me with a checker at Slinger, driving Bill Sieske's '57 Chevy when my car was out of commission one night. Love looking at these old pics. Old #7??? Did you race there, and when. I was racing 4 nights a week. We had Hales on Saturday, Slinger on Sunday, Cedarburg on Wednsday, and Thursday All Sportsman.......lot of fun, and lot of friends.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
old#7

Never did any dirt track racing. Ran demolition derby for 15 years and that's where I used the #7.

I have added some pics in Slim's Hales thread and will post a few more later.
old#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
dirtman

Demo is how I started....Crazy Jims in '65 & '66. Didn't do so great. Started roundy round in '66 with a '56 Chevy #60 that couldn't get out of its own way. Sure am glad I improved after that. Jimmy Lord and Frank Smith helped me a lot in the next couple of years. Jimmy was a good friend of mine before racing. Glad to hear from someone who remembers me from "the good old days at Hales"!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
vintagemodman
Rookie

Click image for larger version

Name:	3and1.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1259

Name:	memouse.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1260

Name:	cedline.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1261

Here are some pics of what's going on in Wisconsin now, kind of a salute to our heroes
vintagemodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
dirtman

Thanks for the pics. It brings back a lot of good memories. Rick Tackman had sent me some too. Wish I could make it back for one of the reunions, maybe someday. Rett