Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Mighty Midgets

The Mighty Midgets Often referred to as the purest form of racing these "mighty midgets" are a racing history teasure.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
banzaijr

Default Tin Side Ford 60 v8

HI - what are some good resources for learning about and/or selling a tin side ford 60? My Dad is a retired machinist and has one in exceptional condition that's complete (disassembled) except for heads, and he's trying to decide whether to build it out (Isky cam) or sell it off... What do you all think... Ebay has a little bit, but are there other places to buy / sell?? Leanr more? etc? Thanks in advance!
banzaijr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Mitch G.

Default Re: Tin Side Ford 60 v8

Banzaijr, I would contact Larry Dunham, usaclarry@yahoo.com, He is a member on this site, he is 84 years old and has forgotten more about auto racing than any of us can learn. He ran V8-60's for years and learned how to build them under the legends of engine building, Clay Smith, Edlebrock, etc.
Larry was the chassis man for the 1957 Indy 500, tuning the chassis for the Greenman-Cassale, Kuzma built champ car, driven by Billy Garrett. You won't believe the info this guy can provide.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
banzaijr

Thumbs up Re: Tin Side Ford 60 v8

Thanks Mitch - I'll get in touch to see what he says!
banzaijr is offline   Reply With Quote