Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
dannyracer6
dr6Motorsports

Smile Glad to find this site.

Hi Ya all.
I am so glad to find this site. My name is Dan Smith. I spent 5 years in Colo. Springs where I met my wife who was born and raised there. She went to Palmer HS. We have been married for 40 years. Currently live in Emmett, ID which is near Boise. I am retired from working for GM. She is a school teacher. I spent the years from 67 to 72 attending and working on race cars at the old Pikes Peaks speedway out on 24. Also spent time at Raceway park across the hiway. met and worked with many super people...Bill Walter, Larry Carnes, Carl Foster, McDowell, Browning, Clark and a host of others that I would run out of space naming. Back then, PPS was the place to go to race. That little 1/5 mile bull ring was so fine. I have been in stock car racing for over 35 years and raced just about every type of oval car there is. Won my share of races and mostly had a blast just competing. Been on a lot of race tracks, maybe sometime we can talk about that. I currently have a Pro4/LML asphalt car that I plan to compete with here at Meridian Speedway. Don't have a lot of years left but will keep climbing in and out of the window as long as I can. I am 67 and can still compete. I am thankful for that and for this great country that allows us to do this...

Dan
dannyracer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Mike Croley

Default Re: Glad to find this site.

Hey Danny , i probably knew you in those days . Bill Walter was married to my best friends sister , and i helped him with his car . He used BF Goodrich tires as an experiment that year . I think i still have my Walters #83 team jacket .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Quick Time

Welcome Dan,

Hope you enjoy this site as much as most of us do....

Chuck
Quick Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
carc7

Welcome and greetings from Broomfield, Colorado! I think you'll find it cool here. Did you have any association with John and Dick Talley?
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyracer6 View Post
Hi Ya all.
I am so glad to find this site. My name is Dan Smith. I spent 5 years in Colo. Springs where I met my wife who was born and raised there. She went to Palmer HS. We have been married for 40 years. Currently live in Emmett, ID which is near Boise. I am retired from working for GM. She is a school teacher. I spent the years from 67 to 72 attending and working on race cars at the old Pikes Peaks speedway out on 24. Also spent time at Raceway park across the hiway. met and worked with many super people...Bill Walter, Larry Carnes, Carl Foster, McDowell, Browning, Clark and a host of others that I would run out of space naming. Back then, PPS was the place to go to race. That little 1/5 mile bull ring was so fine. I have been in stock car racing for over 35 years and raced just about every type of oval car there is. Won my share of races and mostly had a blast just competing. Been on a lot of race tracks, maybe sometime we can talk about that. I currently have a Pro4/LML asphalt car that I plan to compete with here at Meridian Speedway. Don't have a lot of years left but will keep climbing in and out of the window as long as I can. I am 67 and can still compete. I am thankful for that and for this great country that allows us to do this...

Dan
Welcome to ARM! We are thrilled to have you here. I certified your membership so you can post pictures and stuff (if you want to).
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
dannyracer6
dr6Motorsports

Smile Re: Glad to find this site.

Thanks all, for the welcome,
Mike, I do not remember you, Ya know how the years can fog up memories. However, If you were on Bill's team then, I bet we were acquaintences. Rhonda and Bill were good friends of ours, My wife's family and her's were, as well. In fact I did some work on a bus engine in Delbert's shop, when he had the trucking company. When we lived there, I worked for Daniels Chev. on Weber street. I have always wanted to get an old picture of Bill's old green 83 car. I do have one of his Red Nova that he built in his shop out in the country when they had that big house out there. We visited them there once. I think he put that early nova body on a cut down 55 - 57 chassis. I really remember a lot about those years. Some things do escape me now. This place I am going to try to race here, is a lot like the old PPS track but it is 1/4 rather than 1/5 . It is a little pro 4 car that I have to bring up to specs to run on asphalt. Been on dirt for a few years. About 235 or so hp out of a 2.5 ford. Again this is a great forum. Stay in touch...BTW, do you ever see or hear from Bill anymore. Would like to connect with them. Been a while...I will try to post a picture of the car on here if I can find one that will fit...This is the only one that will upload

Later, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	super 4 #6 downsize 20.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	882  
dannyracer6 is offline   Reply With Quote