Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > General Discussion about Racing History

General Discussion about Racing History Vintage auto racing has a very special place in most race fans heart and mind. The cars, the drivers, the spills and thrills. Please share your auto racing memories. Feel free to start threads/topics in this forum that are non-specific to drivers, cars, or tracks.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #11
Quick Time

Default Re: Goodbye

Well said Mitch....Thank you!
Quick Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
parrot

I agree Webby. Didn't see an issue then, don't see it now. Just a misinterpretation I guess. We all come from a variety of sources of motor sports interests, have similar interests in any given sport, just approach it from different levels of participation. I don't believe that it makes any one of those perspectives better or worse than the others. Mitch G. said it best about remembering things differently. Those occasional differences of opinion are what makes the dialogue interesting. A little back and forth and things usually get straightened out.

I've always enjoyed the history aspect of this site and hope contributions will continue to be made. For that reason I sincerely hope that Professor Coupe reconsiders. The historical perspective that he's provided in the past is great stuff. I've learned a lot from those posts.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #13
TheAssassin
Rookie

It seems to me that certain people think they have everything that ever happened written in stone. Being a life long racer myself, I know how some of these people can really get a case of the stupids. I'm pretty sure that the people that lived it KNOW what happened. If they weren't directly involved, I could see a little discrepancy in the information. That being said, it seems to me that someone just has the need for attention and definitely has a need for being right. I think the story telling should be left to the people that lived it and the bench racers should shut their pie holes and take what these Treasured people have to say to heart. Once they're gone you can tell whatever BS comes across your little pea brain to anyone that you like. Until then, Keep it to yourself. Chris has one of the best memories of anyone that I know about the things that went on in the good ol days, and all of it goes right along with what I know about it. To argue with a man about what color a car was, that HE OWNED?? Or to tell someone about their father's accomplishments, or what car they drove, when that person was THERE?? You've gotta be a special kind of stupid. I don't blame you Chris. Let the know it alls have at it. They'll have some grand old stories to tell the grandkids.
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
Fastway

Very well put Craig. I am sure you get the same stuff with the figure 8's. But hey they have a screen name so they are the experts.

Remember, It's not bragging when you can back it up.
Fastway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Stan King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeside #29 View Post
It is time for the old "Professor" to retire. I have been challenged on my posts for the last time. I have always tried to be as accurate as possible and I am truly sorry if I've posted false or mistaken info on this forum. When I have someone correct me on what the color of one of my cars was when I bought it, that was bad, but to incessantly fact check me or use Google Earth to try to correct me was just flat insulting. This is primarily aimed at a couple of detractors and not all of you. I'm old and my memory may be starting to slip, so it's time to move on. So from now on I'll just sit in the basement and look at old photos and keep my memories to myself.
Professor
Please don't go anywhere. I am a new to this site. I joined to collect all the history I could find on Hector Honore and the Black Duce. To set up a museum, in Hector's and my home town. If we loose people like yourself, who lived and breathed it. Where are we going to get that knowledge. With out that history there are no history books, there will not be any Museums for Hector or anyone else that deserves it! You are giving those people what they want. 90% of the time they are jealous because the didn't live and breath it like yourself. Or trying to draw attention away from their own ignorance. I probably piss some people off, oh well! Oh yah, respect your elders. If someone tried to degrade my Grandpa like that, I would get out my can opener.
Stan King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #16
Stan King

Hi Professor
I am new to this site. I am looking for as mush history I can find on Hector Honore and the "Black Duce". I am going to open a Museum Honoring Hector in our (Hector and My)home town. Without Historians such as yourself, there wouldn't be any history books or Museums for Hector and any one else that deserves one. We can't afford to loose you! You are giving those people what they want, don't do that! They are jealous because they did' live and breath it like you did. They are trying to draw attention away from there own ignorance. If someone would disrespect my Dad or Grandpa like that, I would get out my can opener. Please don't go away.
Stan King is offline   Reply With Quote