Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > General Discussion about Racing History

General Discussion about Racing History Vintage auto racing has a very special place in most race fans heart and mind. The cars, the drivers, the spills and thrills. Please share your auto racing memories. Feel free to start threads/topics in this forum that are non-specific to drivers, cars, or tracks.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
lakeside #29

Default Goodbye

It is time for the old "Professor" to retire. I have been challenged on my posts for the last time. I have always tried to be as accurate as possible and I am truly sorry if I've posted false or mistaken info on this forum. When I have someone correct me on what the color of one of my cars was when I bought it, that was bad, but to incessantly fact check me or use Google Earth to try to correct me was just flat insulting. This is primarily aimed at a couple of detractors and not all of you. I'm old and my memory may be starting to slip, so it's time to move on. So from now on I'll just sit in the basement and look at old photos and keep my memories to myself.

Chris Ertler - "professor coupe"
lakeside #29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Fastway

Default Re: Goodbye

Well said Professor, Its a shame that the few have run off the ones who actually know what happened and were there. The same has happened to myself. But in my case Mr. Parrot seems to have all the answers to what my Dad has accomplished at Lakeside Speedway.

But as you stated Professor you have the pic,s that you can enjoy. At least you nor I have got splinters in our ***** from riding the wooden grandstands.

Remember, It's not bragging when you can back it up.
Fastway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Dick L
Rookie

I don't know who you are but as we're about the same age I think I know how you're feeling. It's too bad the rest of us have to pay for a couple of assholes who should just listen, hell, they might even have learned something.
Dick L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
racefan2
Old School

Don't let a few idiots who think they know it all, when in fact they don't have any knowledge of the history of racing at our local tracks like you do run you off.

I for one enjoy reading your posts. I appreciate you and your contributions that you have made to A.R.M.over the years. I hope you reconsider your decision.

Irwin Fogel
racefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
ghubrex

Well, Chris--I understand your point, but hope you do not just keep your memories to yourself while you are in your basement! I have always looked to you for first-hand information on anything and everything related to Colorado racing on this site and consider you to be best at recollecting and keeping track of facts and figures. Such a splendid resource you are for anyone who loves this stuff--hope you will reconsider and come back!
ghubrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
thpracing
thpracing

WTF.....chris...u have always been and will be...a fountain of info on local short track lore...especially the track us old farts luv so much....u have provided myself/thp with a wealth of info not only about the history of our stuff... but the people we ran against....i wish u wouldnt let a couple of idiot a#$&oles with a need to be "one up" ruin what to me is my favorite site...i do know if a question comes up...i can contact u or peg...and believe me....i will..... but i wish u would reconsider....and u guys are rite...no slinters in my butt....didnt even know there were seats....
thpracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
webby
Administrator

What did I miss? Who said what to who??

I'm always the last to know.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
Mike511
Circle Burner

Chris, I for one, have always enjoyed your accounts of the racing we all enjoyed and try to remember, especially from someone who was actually there and participated, as you have. I hope you will continue to share your vast racing knowledge with those of us thirsting for details. Thx Mike
Mike511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #9
Mitch G.

Prof!! don't go!…. I don't know the particular's about your case…seems to be a Colorado, Denver, problem. I post and converse on lots of other sites, about Ascot and Imperial in California, Manzanita in Arizona, and tracks in Indiana and other states. There is seldom a problem, even if there is a difference regarding some old history, it usually ends in a humorous resolution. But for some reason the Colorado folks really get nasty and offended about differences in memories. It never bothers me to have someone revise or correct one of my posts, especially if it's not exactly accurate, but there is no reason to get pissy about difference's in memories. History is history, memories are memories, some times it takes some cross checking to get the two to align in accuracy, that's where old programs, newspaper clippings, photo's, and books come into play. Stick around.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
webby
Administrator

I read the thread in question. For the life of me I can't see what the big deal is.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote