Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Modifieds

Modifieds The open wheel version of a stock car has a wide range of variations as well as the supermodfied which is a closer relative to the sprint car.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
rapid30

Default CARC Hall of fame

The 2009 class for the CARC Hall of Fame, inducted at last nights banquet was so talent laden. The following people were voted in.
John Pachello who did not attend.
Sam Gallo whose large family was all there to witness.
Sam Sauer whose 3 children Cindy, Scott & Michelle who accepted in his honor.
Al Starr who was accompanied by his wife Dovie, son Chuck, daughters Sue and Donna and many others.
Chris and Peggy Ertler who also had a large group to help them celebrate.
and last but not least my dad and mom Warren and ElWanda Rhoades, whose kids and grand kids were all there in support.

What a great job Paul Bredenberg did will his research and induction. Thanks Paul

What a great honor this is to be voted in by your peers, I know as I was voted in in 2006. Maybe Joe Starr can add some photos of last nights celebration.

Last edited by rapid30; 11-08-2009 at 11:52 AM.
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
frosty

Default Re: CARC Hall of fame

Superb job by Paul Bredenberg . GREAT JOB !! Also congrats on receiving the "Dedication to CARC" award. The standing ovation was tremendous.
frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker

Very cool! Congrats to all!
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
superstroke

Congratulatios to all who were rewarded for their many years of faithful service to the CARC. HAMMER DOWN!!!!!
superstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
lakeside #29

Peggy and I would like to thank the CARC for inducting us into their Hall of Fame. It is a huge honor to be included with so many well known stars. Thank you Bruce Rhoades for thinking enough of us to place our names in nomination.

We have both held office in our beloved club. Peggy as secretary/treasurer in the '90's as well as working in the pit shack at Lakeside. I have been president, vice-president, board member, and was club historian in the late '90's. Thanks to the driving skill of Butch Wallace, the #29 car that Mike Colitti and I built, won the 1984 Limited Modified Championship at Lakeside.

Thank you to our friends who attended the banquet to show us their support. Long time friend Mike Colitti moved me almost to tears with two comments he made. One was, "I have lived in Colorado for 40 years and I've known you for 39." The other came as we were admiring the image of Gary Land's beautiful coupe. My car and Gary's both have '32 Chevy bodies. As I was comparing the two cars, Mike replied, "There's one thing it doesn't have." When I asked what that was, Mike replied, "It doesn't have the hood your dad, Les built." That really got me.

Thanks again. Everyone involved in putting on this banquet did a great job, the food was good, and the company was priceless.

Chris and Peggy Ertler
"Professor Coupe" and Miss Peggy
CARC Lifetime Members
lakeside #29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
MM Action Photography
Rookie

Congratulation to all. from Mike Ward in Cheyenne
MM Action Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
dcarelli
Rookie

A question for you older guys......Was my dad Don Carelli good enough or won enough races to be considered to get voted in the CARC HOF? I know I have a lot of pictures of him winning and I heard that if he had not gotten sick he would have gone places in racing.

THX,
Donny Carelli
dcarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
schafer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarelli View Post
A question for you older guys......Was my dad Don Carelli good enough or won enough races to be considered to get voted in the CARC HOF? I know I have a lot of pictures of him winning and I heard that if he had not gotten sick he would have gone places in racing.

THX,
Donny Carelli
I think he should be nominated and concidered, he won a lot of races and was a hard racer and taught his younger brother a lot my brother and I used to hang out with Donnie and Eugene on 44h and elm by your grandfathers house in n Denver before any of us started to race at lakeside. Schafer1
schafer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #9
carc7

Hi, Donnie! Yes, I remember that Don did win a lot of races and even Bob Land told me that he would have been one of the best had he been able to continue. I don't know if that would qualify him for the HoF or not, at this point. I would suggest you send me a letter of nomination and I'll get it to the committee for consideration. You can send it to: Paul Bredenberg, 9941 Holland Circle, Broomfield, CO 80021. Thanks!
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
dcarelli
Rookie

Paul, I will be sending that request to you shortly. So is there a record of heat race and main event wins for every year?

Thx,
Donny
dcarelli is offline   Reply With Quote