Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Housekeeping > Questions and suggestions

Questions and suggestions Have a question about our website? Or maybe you have a constructive suggestion to help us improve ARM please contribute here.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
aceharleywrench

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.
Default New member intro

Hello all,
My name is Derek,I'm a 47 year old male residing in upstate New York.I have been a professional Harley-Davidson technician for the last twenty five years & spent many of those years on the racing circuit.I joined this forum because I recently purchased a small race car from the 60's and would like to restore it,unfortunately I know nothing about it & am looking for information.I will attempt to post pics in the appropriate section here,any help would be greatly appreciated.
aceharleywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
aceharleywrench

Default Just joined,how do I insert pics?

I have a couple of pictures of a small race car I just purchased & would like to post them here in the hopes of getting some info on what I bought.At the bottom of the page it says I may post new threads,but I may not post attachments.What do I need to do?
Thanks in advance
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Olen McGuire
Old Senior Genius

Default Re: Just joined,how do I insert pics?

Hi aceharleywrench, Webby will be around shortly to certify you and he will give the info for posting pics. Can't wait to see what you have, and we have some experts on this site to help you out. Welcome again. ~Olen
Olen McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
aceharleywrench

Default Re: Just joined,how do I insert pics?

Thanks for the quick reply.The car is the coolest thing,it has a twin cylinder Konig two stroke engine with a chain driven water pump.It appears to be direct drive (I don't see any clutch) There is only one brake,a lever attached to the left rear wheel,with a kill button in the middle of the knob.It says "Wagner Lumber" on the body work & sports the number 15. I was told it won many races in the Northeast in the mid 60's & it looks like it hasn't been touched since then.