Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Housekeeping > Questions and suggestions

Questions and suggestions Have a question about our website? Or maybe you have a constructive suggestion to help us improve ARM please contribute here.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker

Default Just wondering.....

Hi webmaster!
The new site looks good. I was wondering if any of the stories I had done for the 'old site' (i.e. Cliff Hudson, Rich Codner) or Parrot's "'30's Fords" article would be seen here on the new one. There were also some great pics that Vintage Buzz, Superstroke, and Rick W. had posted in the past too.
Some of these might already be on the site now, so forgive me as I'm still making my way around here.
Is the site still taking in new stories??? So much to share.
Good luck and thanks for the 'labor of love'.

--J.L.McGuire
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: Just wondering.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Hi webmaster!
The new site looks good. I was wondering if any of the stories I had done for the 'old site' (i.e. Cliff Hudson, Rich Codner) or Parrot's "'30's Fords" article would be seen here on the new one. There were also some great pics that Vintage Buzz, Superstroke, and Rick W. had posted in the past too.
Some of these might already be on the site now, so forgive me as I'm still making my way around here.
Is the site still taking in new stories??? So much to share.
Good luck and thanks for the 'labor of love'.

--J.L.McGuire
I am trying to get time to re-post all the existing profiles from the previous site on to the new ARM site (I have re-posted most of them already).

And if there is stuff in the old forums that you would like to copy and re-post on the new site you can find the old site here....

http://autoracingmemories.com/old
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker

Thanks wm! Didn't mean to jump the gun, I just wasn't too sure if I had to re-submit anything. The transition process must be pretty time consuming.

Looking forward to what the new site brings!
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Thanks wm! Didn't mean to jump the gun, I just wasn't too sure if I had to re-submit anything. The transition process must be pretty time consuming.
No apology necessary! I am glad you asked the question.

One thing I wont be personally transferring over is any items that were posted in the forums from the old site. So if there is anything there you need you can just go and copy it and repost it on the new forums.

Quote:
Looking forward to what the new site brings!
Me too!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
cheyetown_oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I am trying to get time to re-post all the existing profiles from the previous site on to the new ARM site (I have re-posted most of them already).

And if there is stuff in the old forums that you would like to copy and re-post on the new site you can find the old site here....

http://autoracingmemories.com/old
I was attempting to show a friend some of Rick W's cool images of Lakeside Speedway that did not make it to this new ARM site. When going to the old ARM site, the text is still there but the links to the corresponding images are now broken / don't work. Is this intentional? It kind of makes it hard to show someone what the old ARM site used to contain in its many forums vs. what little that was brought forward as forums to this new ARM site. cheyetown_oldtimer
cheyetown_oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyetown_oldtimer View Post
I was attempting to show a friend some of Rick W's cool images of Lakeside Speedway that did not make it to this new ARM site. When going to the old ARM site, the text is still there but the links to the corresponding images are now broken / don't work. Is this intentional? It kind of makes it hard to show someone what the old ARM site used to contain in its many forums vs. what little that was brought forward as forums to this new ARM site. cheyetown_oldtimer
Yeah you are right.

I am not sure what broke.

Something must have broke the old site. I don't have the time of money to mess with the old site anymore. Sorry, it's all gung-ho on this site now I guess. This new site is built for the long haul and eventually we will have everything from the old site posted on the new site.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
schafer1

i need help to figure how to post imigages? got me stumped!
schafer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #8
carc7

You have to download your pictures into a gallery and then move them to an individual posting. I struggled with that until I figured it out, too!
carc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by carc7 View Post
You have to download your pictures into a gallery and then move them to an individual posting. I struggled with that until I figured it out, too!
I've done it that way also, but if you prefer not to create a gallery, here's another method whereby you can just attach a photo from your own computer: Click on "GO ADVANCED", then "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS", a window comes up with spaces for the file name, (what you called your photo in your computer) click on "BROWSE", takes you to whichever file on your computer that you've stored your photos (I just scan them to my Desk Top so I can dump them when finished) click "UPLOAD", wait for it to do so, then close window. Hit "PREVIEW" to see how it looks. These steps produce the 'thumbnail' photo that can be clicked on to enlarge. There is another procedure for submitting it in a larger size, but I haven't tried that one yet.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Grit

How can I or where do I find the real name for the user? I'm new here.
Grit is offline   Reply With Quote