Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Housekeeping > ARM News

ARM News News and information about the Auto Racing Memories website.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
webby
Administrator

Question The fate of Auto Racing Memories

Auto Racing Memories was created in early 2008 and for a time was the hub for discussion and archiving images from the glory days of auto racing. These days Facebook has taken over the discussion and folks have moved there to discuss and share their vintage auto racing images. While in my opinion Facebook is much harder to follow and find specific conversations but it has still become the default area for such topics.

So that leaves the question... what to do with this website??

I would hate to close it down and discard all the info that has been posted here over the years but at the same time it almost seems senseless for me to continue to fund and maintain a site that seems to be (ironically) just a memory.

Let me know your thoughts. I am curious to get your opinions on what should be the fate of Auto Racing Memories.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
RandyinMS

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.
Default Re: The fate of Auto Racing Memories

thats a difficult question.

This is a library, searchable, usable

Facebook is here and now, social but not an archive
RandyinMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Mike511
Circle Burner

Hey Webby,

Sorry to hear you're considering ending the run of this wonderful site, but at the same time I totally understand. I run the CARC website so I'm very aware of the time and money involved to keep one going.

I have have been a longtime contributor and very much enjoy Colorado racing history, both as a racer and fan. I have to agree that while Facebook does share some racing history and is the go to for many, it's no where near as concise and inclusive has a focused racing website such as Memories. I try to understand the changing dynamic of the younger generations interests, but still hold out hope that they will find interest in the history of the world they live in. So obviously my vote is biased, but I would hate to see this site go away.

A question I would have for you is the time involved becoming too much (I know none of us are getting any younger) or is it the cost involved or simply a lack of interest? Thanks Mike
Mike511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike511 View Post
A question I would have for you is the time involved becoming too much (I know none of us are getting any younger) or is it the cost involved or simply a lack of interest? Thanks Mike
Thanks Mike. It's not really about time or money it's more about just wondering if it's just not needed anymore. I'm not crying in my beer in fact my life has taken some turns like everyone's and even I don't have the time to devote to this site to keep adding content and make sure the discussion continues on.

I guess more than anything I'm just curious as to what others opinions are regarding this site.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
Mike511
Circle Burner

Always here to help if I can Webby!
Mike511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
rapid30

Webby, Thanks for all you have done. This site is such a wonderful breath of fresh air and has kept so many memories alive. I would hate to loose such a historical site. rapid30

"Give pint's for half pints", I do
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote