Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Vintage Race Cars For Sale

Vintage Race Cars For Sale Occasionally we stumble across interesting old vintage race cars for sale on the internet. We post them here so we can talk about them and share them with each other.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
webby
Administrator

Default eBay find: Neat vintage Chevy II midget

Description:

Vintage Midget Dirt Circle Track Car

You are bidding on a vintage midget race car. I believe the chassis to be a Kurtis design, most likely a copy. The front axle has transverse leaf spring and the Hallibrand rear axle is suspended by torsion bars running the length of the chassis. It appears the car was raced at one time with a bolt on roll cage as the mounts are still there. The wheels are cast (magnesium?) with knock-offs. The engine is a Chevy II with fuel injection and it has a magneto for ignition. The steering box is a Norden? Brake calipers are Airhearts.

I do not know any history on this midget and only know the previous owner. I do not know alot about old race cars either but please email me with any questions and I will do my best to answer you. Car sold as is and must be picked up.
Anyone know anything about this car? I bet this one sells for a reasonable price. It would be fun to buy it and restore as the AutoRacingMemories.com Special and take to all the vintage shows.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Mitch G.

Default Re: eBay find: Neat vintage Chevy II midget

It's got the right number! That's a nice Kurtis copy, has all the Kurtis quality's looks like it might have actual Johnny Pawl (the guy who bought Kurtis factory midget stuff in 1950) body panels. If I hadn't sold my wifes car for so little money (to someone I know) I could have bought this bad boy!
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
webby
Administrator

Default Re: eBay find: Neat vintage Chevy II midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G. View Post
If I hadn't sold my wifes car for so little money (to someone I know) I could have bought this bad boy!

Well... in fairness.... you did $500 more than what you were planning on getting for it.

Everybody raves about that car, it's quickly becoming a household favorite.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote