Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Stock Cars

Stock Cars Stock cars have come a long way since the days of the old jalopy but many race fans will tell you the vintage stock cars put on some of the best fender banging action of all-time.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Thomas E

Default '57 Ford Semi-Modified Stocker

My son sent me this photo of this 1957 Ford two door, semi-modified stocker. I know nothing about this car, it might be a back east semi-modified stocker (?), anyway a somewhere semi-modified.

It is evident that it is powered by a Ford six, possibly a 300 inch six.

I like it, it has that fun look, it looks like fun car to drive. Long live the semi-modified stockers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	035_Ford_late_model_side_view-large_XXX.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	936  

"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
justlost

Default Re: '57 Ford Semi-Modified Stocker

Might be able to help a little. Owner, I believe, is or was Rich Wolfmeier. He is from back east (town n/a) and runs with Daytona Antique Auto Racing Association (DAARA) Check out their site. If you want to see this car in action go to YOU TUBE. and in the search area type in....Zephyrhills Vintage Auto Race.... click on the 3:18 version.
justlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
rallyracer

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.

You would turn a lot of heads driving down the street in that =)
rallyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Dirtsurfer25
vintage racer

I know this is an old thread, but I have some info to share about this car...

Owner IS Rich Wolfmeier. He is from House Springs MO. I race with Richie in the Gateway Vintage Racing Association, here in MO. He, his brother Brian and Brian's wife Cheryl, all have cars in our club. In fact, Cheryl was the 2010 Champion in our club and races a 1928 Essex coupe. Brian's ride is a fully Modified Vega, about a 100 inch WB with a big block Chevy...quite a ride! Rich and Brian are second generation drivers, as their dad John raced for several years too.

While they do race in Zephyr hills each year, they aren't active members of that club.

If you missed my intro thread... You can find more info about the car by visiting our website: www.gatewayvintageracingassociation.com
Dirtsurfer25 is offline   Reply With Quote