Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Mighty Midgets

The Mighty Midgets Often referred to as the purest form of racing these "mighty midgets" are a racing history teasure.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
VintageBuzz

Default Roy "Bones" Bowe #93 Koch Midget

From the Lou Wendzel collection and with a "little magic" by the late Rick Wasilko:
This is one excellent photo of Roy "Bones" Bowe and the #93 Koch Offy midget. Does anyone know what track this was taken at and the year? ~VB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARM_Ray___Bones___Bowe__93_Offy_midget.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	486  

Last edited by VintageBuzz; 07-25-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Roy, not Ray per Mitch G. posting. ~VB
VintageBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
VintageBuzz

Default Re: Ray "Bones" Bowe #93 Koch Midget

Here are some other #93 photos from the old ARM site. Please claim credit for these photos if you posted them at the old site as they do not belong to me or my Dad. ~VB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93koch.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	487   Click image for larger version

Name:	koch_midget_3A.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	488  
Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Mitch G.

First photo is 1947, Colorado Springs, CO at Pikes Peak Speedway. The next photo, with the young man admiring the #93 on the trailer, is a shot my dad took of one of his high school buddies, can't remember the kids name, admiring the Koch Offy, at Lakeside Speedway also 1947. The last shot is Dan Padia a graduate of track roadsters, 1951 he's the driver of the Koch Offy, this shot at Lakeside Speedway. Padia was killed in this car at Englewood Speedway in a season ending open comp midget show same year 1951. Oh, by the way it's Roy Bowe.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
VintageBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G. View Post
First photo is 1947, Colorado Springs, CO at Pikes Peak Speedway. The next photo, with the young man admiring the #93 on the trailer, is a shot my dad took of one of his high school buddies, can't remember the kids name, admiring the Koch Offy, at Lakeside Speedway also 1947. The last shot is Dan Padia a graduate of track roadsters, 1951 he's the driver of the Koch Offy, this shot at Lakeside Speedway. Padia was killed in this car at Englewood Speedway in a season ending open comp midget show same year 1951. Oh, by the way it's Roy Bowe.
Thanks, Mitch G.! Those are some great photos that you have identified. Plus, I've PM'd the webbie to have him update the title in my article to correct Mr. Bowe's name to Roy. ~VB