Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Paula Burnett

Default About Me

Hi,

I found this site and am so glad that I did, I grew up going to Englewood Speedway every weekend, my dad Tom Eller raced and bult cars primarily an orange number 3, but he owned and built many over the years, he was also on the Fire Crew, my granddad had a modified for a while as well. Some of my best memories were wrapped around watching the figure 8's or racing, My favorite drivers were Bobby Jackson and Dave Tansey and of course Roger Burnett, (no relation ) who was also a driver for dad for a time.

Last edited by Paula Burnett; 07-29-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Paula Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: About Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Burnett View Post
Hi,

I found this site and am so glad that I did, I grew up going to Englewood Speedway every weekend, my dad Tom Eller raced and bult cars primarily an orange number 3, he was also on the Pitt Crew for a good many years, my granddad had a modified for a while as well. Some of my best memories were wrapped around watching the figure 8's or racing, My favorite drivers were Bobby Jackson and Dave Tansey and ofcours Roger Burnett, who my dad had as his dirver for most of the time.
Paula welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
DanicaFan
Rookie

Welcome to the forums.
DanicaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
darrell smith
One Post Wonder

I could tell lots of stories about your dad. he raced out of my shop baltic auto. darrell smith now at mr. badwrench.
darrell smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Thomas E

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell smith View Post
I could tell lots of stories about your dad. he raced out of my shop baltic auto. darrell smith now at mr. badwrench.
I remember Baltic Auto, I bought a few parts there, I also bought stuff at Kreb's Auto; and place around the area between Pecos and Tejon south of Alameda, it was owned Charlie Brotherton; my other racing amigos were Jim Binkley and Bob Couch Sr., and Bob Wallace who was Pat Frazier's step dad.

If my memory is working right, I had one car that Matt Lane and I was building that somehow mysteriously found it's way to ABC or is it ABZ Truck parts/wrecking just off West Evans, between South Broadway and South Federal, anyway the who this car belonged to was straightened out and I got a few dollars for it, and the not finished '56 Ford 2-door was finished (not by me, it's new owner) and made it's way around Englewood Speedway in the F-8's, it was a Baltic Auto car number 2, it was the car that rear end got tore out of when it rolled a couple of times in an F-8 race. I'm sure some of the old F-8er's will remember.

"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...

Last edited by Thomas E; 08-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Paula Burnett

HI Darrel!

I am quite sure you could... I remember you well, Hi! its been a long time! I was little but remember the junk yard, (of course it was not lady like to for girls to hang out with the cars, and Dad was very old school, but Im glad to say that he failed in that respect )
Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
DaveTansey

Hi Paula ;
I also could tell you stories about your dad. I was sixteen years old when your dad and I first meet. Lived a half a block from your dad for a while in Lakewood . Great to see you on here.
DaveTansey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Paula Burnett

Hi Dave,

thank you! I appreciate that, Dad was pretty quiet as to his exploits, so it would be super fun to hear stuff from you and Darrel! Those days hold a very special place in my heart, I loved going to Englewood, and watching you and Bobby Jackson among others.

How are your kids? I remember some good times hangind out with them