Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Race Tracks

Race Tracks Everyone has their favorite race track(s) growing up as a kid. In this forum you can discuss your favorite old race track. Make sure to title your new thread with the name of the race track.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #81
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker
 
Jerry Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Golden, CO.
Posts: 820
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Neat pics Mike! I never realized that PP had an "X" for Figure 8 racing. Any idea of when they might have started that??
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #82
83x
Senior Member
 
83x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Age: 71
Posts: 137
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

They Started fig. 8s after the association moved over to Mike's track
and Allen took over.
83x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #83
83x
Senior Member
 
83x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Age: 71
Posts: 137
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Mike
I don't Recognize any of those guys. Except Leroy Walton in the lower left corner.
Bill
83x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #84
Mike Croley
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 193
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Neat pics Mike! I never realized that PP had an "X" for Figure 8 racing. Any idea of when they might have started that??
It had to be around 76 or 77 i would think . It was after i left the Springs . I actually have some photos of a Figure 8 race there . I'll post them soon .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #85
Mike Croley
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 193
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83x View Post
Mike
I don't Recognize any of those guys. Except Leroy Walton in the lower left corner.
Bill
I'm hoping some of the PPS fans on this board can help identify some of the people in these photos . I posted some more PPS photos in the album section today , but i'm a little hazy on who some of them are too . These photos were sent to me several years ago by Rita Bull . They were after my time , but theres some good photos in there . I've got some more that i have to get developed and i'll post them also .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #86
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker
 
Jerry Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Golden, CO.
Posts: 820
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Croley View Post
It had to be around 76 or 77 i would think . It was after i left the Springs . I actually have some photos of a Figure 8 race there . I'll post them soon .
Would love to see those Mike. Also, if anyone has a Fig-8 listing from the old PPS (any year) they could post, I'd like to see if there were any Englewood guys on it.
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #87
Halfpint
One Post Wonder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Found this on the El Paso County Speedway web site

This is an invitation to all drivers, car owners, pit crews & immediate families that competed at Pikes Peak Speedway through the years.

Where: Fraternal Order of Eagles 1050 S. 21st St. Colo. Springs, CO 80904 719-632-1934

When: Saturday, Oct. 2nd 2010

Time: Registration for Pit Pass (meal ticket) - 5:00pm Cash Bar - 6:00pm Dinner 7:00pm

Cost: $ 15.50 per person

Please Contact one of the following if plan on attending --

Larry / Gerry Martin 598-0113
Larry / Peggy Carnes 337-4014
Beck / Elaine Bechtelheimer - 570-9428
Halfpint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #88
webby
Administrator
 
webby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Age: 53
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfpint View Post
Found this on the El Paso County Speedway web site

This is an invitation to all drivers, car owners, pit crews & immediate families that competed at Pikes Peak Speedway through the years.

Where: Fraternal Order of Eagles 1050 S. 21st St. Colo. Springs, CO 80904 719-632-1934

When: Saturday, Oct. 2nd 2010

Time: Registration for Pit Pass (meal ticket) - 5:00pm Cash Bar - 6:00pm Dinner 7:00pm

Cost: $ 15.50 per person

Please Contact one of the following if plan on attending --

Larry / Gerry Martin 598-0113
Larry / Peggy Carnes 337-4014
Beck / Elaine Bechtelheimer - 570-9428
Welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #89
Mike511
Circle Burner
 
Mike511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Centennial Co
Age: 69
Posts: 166
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

Just found this website and it's interesting seeing stuff about the old Pikes Peak Speedway. I actually ran several cars there in the early 70's. #511's. I'll try to figure out how to post some pics. It was a very unique track, small bull ring 1/5th mile. Packed every Fri. night and a huge field of cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PikesPeakSpeedway73.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1433   Click image for larger version

Name:	PikesPeakSpeedway74.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1434  
Mike511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #90
Mike Croley
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 193
Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

I'm glad you found this web site and this thread . As you can see there are a lot of fans of Pikes Peak Speedway . Please post any additional photos you have . By the way , that red Ford is a good looking race car .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.