Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
webby
Administrator

Exclamation Guidelines for submitting content to ARM

The following are some guidlelines to help you understand the content we are looking for and the relationship we expect to maintain with content publishers. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Copyrights. You MUST be the author of the content! You cannot copy material from another website and claim it as your own. If the information you want to submit to ARM was posted on another website then you must re-write it in your own words! Scan a few of your own photographs and submit it! (it's really easy!) Make sure to give credit to authors and photographers even if you have their permission to post their work.

Images. Including images with your threads and posts is of course what makes ARM interesting and special. Yet the images you submit must be images that you have the authority to allow us to publish on this website. You may submit images that belong to others as long as you properly credit them (i.e., image taken from the Tim Smith collection or image taken by Joe Starr etc.)

Publishing rights. If you share any information on the ARM website you must agree that the information you share can be used in any way on the ARM website and can remain on the ARM website indefinitely. That way we can avoid problems that similar sites have run into i.e., if the site should ever change hands, the content can go with it. (it's the only possible way to make such a project work - Imagine how archaeologists might feel if the awesome stuff they discovered vanished when a museum closed it's doors only because the museum didn't have the right to use the museum pieces as they saw fit.)

Labor of Love. Auto Racing Memories will be a labor of love. This website isn't intended to make a living for anyone, in fact I am sure we will lose money maintaining ARM. Yet that isn't the point. The point is finding a way to share our racing history so that it stays alive for our children and our children's children and so on. We will have limited advertising on the website as a means to offset the costs of creating and maintaining such a website.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
webby
Administrator

Exclamation Re: Guidelines for submitting content to ARM

Some have asked....

"What memories does ARM consider to be old enough be acceptable for conversation on this website?"

The answer is...

1. As a general guideline anything 20 years old or older is what we consider Auto Racing Memories material.

2. Current news that has some type of link or significance to vintage racing news is also acceptable. Obituary notices, race track closings, and vintage car restorations, are such examples.

We will attempt to be flexible for the most part and pretty much accept anything that you consider to be auto racing memories, all that we ask is....

- Please only post things that are related to auto racing
- Please title your new threads and topics with DESCRIPTIVE titles
- Please do not use foul language on this website
- Please do not post images, links, or anything else that is profane and or vulgar.
- Please do not insult or degrade other members of this forum or other people in general, this is a place for friendly reminiscing.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
trip herman

Limited Membership - Awaiting Certification.
Cool Re: Guidelines for submitting content to ARM

Looking for antique race cars for sale...new to the site...looks like I've come to the right place!
trip herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #4
trip herman

Default Re: Guidelines for submitting content to ARM

I'm not 70...just turned 69...get my stuff right before you post it..
trip herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #5
John Potter
One Post Wonder

Regarding Post about Bud Potter escapes death in 1961 Lakeside race crash ?
John Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #6
jonfyock

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask the web master but here goes.
im Jon fyock Larry ginardi was my father in law.someone has an all aluminum amc block taken from his estate .treco manufacture.1of 24built for penske .355cid.would it be ok to post this on your websitesomeplace.trying to recover larrys property any help would help.thank you
Jon fyock
jonfyock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
hoovd
One Post Wonder

Looking for imfo on AAA Racing I have a 1933 registration plate. Car Name is Schlachter Spcl. Registration Number 231 Program Number 34 I have the card that went with it. It has on it Owner R W Schlachter June 15, 1933. Piston Displacement 200.40 Central Circuit. My father helped on the carand all I know is I think he had two cars and he quit when his driver got killed. I think a driver got killed at the Fairgrounds at Tiffin, Ohio in the thirties. David Hoover
hoovd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #8
Vin Tag Sprinter

Okay! I have an olde sprint car. got it about 1978 after it had a spectacular outing at Calistoga. I think it did a three and a half. I got the residue. Has number 80 and says South side Auto Body, Stockton. Supposed to have had a previous history at Ascot in the hands of someone named Mears, or maybe Bruce Walkup. Got pics??

Last edited by Vin Tag Sprinter; 01-09-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Vin Tag Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote