Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Race Tracks

Race Tracks Everyone has their favorite race track(s) growing up as a kid. In this forum you can discuss your favorite old race track. Make sure to title your new thread with the name of the race track.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #111
Mike511
Circle Burner

Default Re: Old Pikes Peak Speedway

PPS Kid, welcome, remember your Dad well, worked with him a lot on PPSCRA business, nice gentlemen!!
Mike511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #112
Beck's Kid
One Post Wonder

Hey All.

I love reading all the old memories about the track. I spent most every Saturday night there causing problems and my parents headaches. Great memories though!!
Beck's Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #113
webby
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck's Kid View Post
Hey All.

I love reading all the old memories about the track. I spent most every Saturday night there causing problems and my parents headaches. Great memories though!!
Welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #114
Terryj

Went to Beacon Hill, Pikes Peak and Sportsmans in the 60's. Loved watching Ronnie Mcdowell and Lou Wilshaw go at it. Remember Mike Wooleys Studebaker running against Mcdowells 119 ChevyII. Mcdowells black 56 T-Bird was the coolest of them all.
Terryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #115
bmeigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Went to Beacon Hill, Pikes Peak and Sportsmans in the 60's. Loved watching Ronnie Mcdowell and Lou Wilshaw go at it. Remember Mike Wooleys Studebaker running against Mcdowells 119 ChevyII. Mcdowells black 56 T-Bird was the coolest of them all.
Hey TerryJ- did you live in Florence (Co) during the time period?
bmeigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #116
Terryj

Yep, it's me Bill. Went to my first Beacon Hill race with you and your dad. Wouldn't you love to go back there again.
Terryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #117
bmeigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Yep, it's me Bill. Went to my first Beacon Hill race with you and your dad. Wouldn't you love to go back there again.
Then you remember Ronny being mad and kicking his car cause he wasn't fast enough to get around Pickard? As little kids, we tried to console him and make him feel better. Don't know if it worked, but we sure know how his career went.
bmeigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #118
Mike Croley

83X and Mikes511 , if you two ever see some of the Pikes Peak Speedway regulars that still live in the area , try to get them to post some photos and stories here . I've gone through all the photos i have . By the way , thanks again for all of the great photos you two and others have posted . I know Jim Willy said he had a lot of photos , just had to dig them out . Larry Carnes probably has a lot too . I seem to recall that Jack Gabardi ( 00X ) had some . And Glen Bowers . And Mahlon Saunders . Willet Willis might even have some to share . From the photos i saw of the PPS reunion , it looked like Bill Clarke had a good collection of memoribilia . If you ever run into those guys , please ask them to post here .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #119
Jus' Roach

I haven't heard anyone mention the red white and blue wagon......Alvin "The Chipmunk" Browning.
He is back behind the wheel at El Paso County Speedway
Jus' Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #120
Mike Croley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus' Roach View Post
I haven't heard anyone mention the red white and blue wagon......Alvin "The Chipmunk" Browning.
He is back behind the wheel at El Paso County Speedway
That was certainly one of the most unique stock cars i've seen . And very fast too . I can still hear Beck over the PA system " The Chipmunk , Allllviiinnn Brrrrrowning " .
Hopefully he'll find out about this site and post some things .
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote