Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
MM Action Photography
Rookie

Default MM Action Photography Cheyenne

Hello,
My Name is Mike Ward, and I was the track photographer at Big Country Speedway for 6 years. I might have some pictures of you that I have archived over the years. If you are Looking please feel free to call 307-631-6737 or just send me an E-mail. I hope you are all having a Fun and safe racing season. Take care and be safe. Mike
MM Action Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
superstroke

Default Re: MM Action Photography Cheyenne

Hello Mike and Welcome to ARM. From what year, to what year did you do the photography at Big Country? I raced there a few times, when the Lakeside boys would make their way up. That would have been in 1983-84-85. If you have the ability and equipment, after you have become certified, can you load up some of your photos along with some stories? I would love to see some of those cars, especially the "Alvin" station wagon. There were certainly some fast and unusual cars that were produced from the Wyoming bunch.
superstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
rapid30

I want to welcome the world famous Mike Ward to autoracingmemories, I know that you have some great old photos to share as you have shared many with me. I look forward to reading some of the great stories that we have shared over the years as well.
Bruce "rapid" Rhoades
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
rapid30

Mike also raced a Mini Stock at BCS and attemted to race a Modified with the CARC although his Mod career was cut short due to a hot lap incident in his first and only outing.
Bruce
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
MM Action Photography
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstroke View Post
Hello Mike and Welcome to ARM. From what year, to what year did you do the photography at Big Country? I raced there a few times, when the Lakeside boys would make their way up. That would have been in 1983-84-85. If you have the ability and equipment, after you have become certified, can you load up some of your photos along with some stories? I would love to see some of those cars, especially the "Alvin" station wagon. There were certainly some fast and unusual cars that were produced from the Wyoming bunch.
I was the track Photographer from 2000 - 2006. But I grew up at Big Country Speedway. Back in the early 70's My family owned the house that sits in turn 3, and as a kid I watched what I feel was the best racing anywhere. I do have some old photos and I will try to get them up soon for everybody to see. Bruce Rhoades and myself have shared alot of great stories from the past, and we also share a great respect for the people who made Cheyennes track what it was then.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
MM Action Photography
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid30 View Post
I want to welcome the world famous Mike Ward to autoracingmemories, I know that you have some great old photos to share as you have shared many with me. I look forward to reading some of the great stories that we have shared over the years as well.
Bruce "rapid" Rhoades
Thanks Bruce.
You are a good man and friend. I hope your season is doing well. I will be out to see you soon. and who nows maybe one day I will try the Modified racing out again.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
superchicken6

hey mike just thought id let you know i joined to and maybe one of these days ill get some pics on here of what the beast looks like now. if things go better maybe ill even have some pics with trophies from down here in kentucky to show. keep your fingers crossed
superchicken6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Evad347
Rookie

Hi,

Whatever happened to Sandy Whittaker Photography. Maybe she has some good shots achived if she is still around... From what I remember she was the photographer in the late 60's to the late 70's ?????????

What a great place for racing action.... Too bad it has to snow there.
Evad347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
MM Action Photography
Rookie

I Dont know if Sandy Whitaker is still around, But I can find out.
What car did you run?

PS. You sure got the too bad it has to snow here correct. ha ha
Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
superchicken6

i'd sure rather have the snow than sweat to death down here mike haha!!!!!
superchicken6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
38 special, big country speedway, cheyenne, mike ward, mini stock, mm action photography, photography, photos