Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Stock Cars

Stock Cars Stock cars have come a long way since the days of the old jalopy but many race fans will tell you the vintage stock cars put on some of the best fender banging action of all-time.

Old 05-10-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
cemar

Default What happened?

I worked (just retired) for the DOD and was called out of the country and then from base to base until a couple years ago. I took some time recently to get back to finding forums I used to share my own experiences in auto racing. I see I have been gone from this site for about 7 years. Very sad to see little chatter on here now. Where did everyone go? My dad was one of the first ever traveling outlaws in the Midget class, starting in 1946 up to 1973. Just to have survived in race car with no roll cage and just a lap belt was rare in those early years. To last three decade's, winning up to the very end, was short of a miracle.
Cemar (name of a race track he ran in the 50's)
cemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: What happened?

For better or for worse.... Facebook pretty much took over.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
cemar

Default Re: What happened?

First let me thank you for the reply in such short of a time period. Trust me, many things have changed in this world since I left here 7 years ago. I'm now 67 and was looking forward to sharing my Dad's long racing career with everyone. I have hundreds of original photo's, programs and stat sheets from the 40's to the 70's. He ran Outlaw, IMCA, USAC, Badger, etc.. Running with and beating even some Indy 500 Champions. Oh the stories I can tell. I never have nor want a face book account. Staying on one subject with others, who like and know the sport as much as I do, is what I'm looking for. Too much "DRAMA" for me on face book.
So, I will as long as this site continues, to post the most interesting stories I can and maybe it will drum up some chatter on here again.
Cemar
cemar is offline   Reply With Quote