Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
ColesRacingPhotos

Default Ken Coles Racing Photos

Hi, my name is Marcus and my uncle is Ken Coles, a lifetime racing photographer and friend to many in the racing world. After several months of cleaning up negatives, etc. we've been able to launch a new web site containing a sample of his work. colesracingphotos.com is the site. Ken and I hope you enjoy the pictures!!
ColesRacingPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: Ken Coles Racing Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesRacingPhotos View Post
Hi, my name is Marcus and my uncle is Ken Coles, a lifetime racing photographer and friend to many in the racing world. After several months of cleaning up negatives, etc. we've been able to launch a new web site containing a sample of his work. colesracingphotos.com is the site. Ken and I hope you enjoy the pictures!!
Welcome to auto racing memories. I certified your membership so you can post some pictures here so we can get the flavor of yor uncles work.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Olen McGuire
Old Senior Genius

Very impressive site Marcus, my hats off to you and Ken. It will take me a while to get through all those vintage pics.~Olen
Olen McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Mitch G.

I've purchased black and white photo's from Ken, personally, in the past. He is a treasure to the sport of auto racing, you can spend days looking at his photographs, truly amazing. Everyone should check out his website.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
indybigjohn

When he was active in racing, Ken was one of the best around. As a result, his collection is awesome.
indybigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
ColesRacingPhotos

thank you for your kind remarks - i've forwarded them to ken. we're planning on having a new gallery and added pictures to existing galleries in the next week or so, so check back soon! thanks again. marcus
ColesRacingPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
mp4
One Post Wonder

Hello Marcus,
Great website indeed !
Can you ask your uncle Ken if he has photos of my fellow Belgian Lucien Bianchi?
In particular on the Jim Robbins Vollstedt Ford with number 27 on two 1967 occassions:
Trenton 150 - April 23
Indy qualifying - May 13 and May 20

best regards,
Chris
mp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #8
Vin Tag Sprinter

Ken Coles photos - I have a vintage Sprint car. It has been in the rafters of my garage since about 1978 after a crash at Calistoga. According to a letter I received from Fay Mooney's son, the Sprint Car was built for Bruce Walkup, handed down to Roger Mears and then to Fay Mooney and that they are all relatives. I would like to find photos of it and some of its Bruce Walkup history. I don't know the years it was Walkup's. All I know is about 1977 it was bought from Mooney and taken to Calistoga where it crashed. I can provide photos of the hood and tail. It is white with orange and a gold leaf #80 on a black background on the tail and is a bolt on cage CAE with Ascot history. Got any suggestions? Thank you, Bruce.
Vin Tag Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #9
Mitch G.

Bruce Walkup spent the late 60's most of the 1970's in the midwest with USAC. This is 1968, and Walkup is driving for long time car owner Dr. Ward Dunseth, that is a Paul Leffler built sprint car. I'm doing some research on the car in your rafters.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Vin Tag Sprinter

I have the Sprint car Bruce Walkup drove in 1964. He says he sold it after 1964 and his cousin Fay Mooney found it some years later and was going to restore it. I don't know about any restoration, but it was bought by Ron Welty of Woodland, CA and taken to Calistoga where, on Sept. 5, 1976 it crashed when the front axle broke. Its day at Calistoga is on line in the NARC 1976 Yearbook on pages 25, 49, 53. I am trying to find a color photo of Bruce Walkup's 1964 Sprint Car to return his '64 Sprinter to its 1964 color scheme and race number. Perhaps its color and number didn't change when he bought the Sprint car for his 1964 racing??? ANY help would be GREAT. Thank You,
Vin Tag Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote