Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Mighty Midgets

The Mighty Midgets Often referred to as the purest form of racing these "mighty midgets" are a racing history teasure.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
Mitch G.

Default Best auto racing photo...ever.

With over 100 years of auto racing history, and the millions of auto racing photos from the Indianapolis 500, Daytona 500, Formula 1, midgets, sprint cars, stock cars, sports cars, dragsters, world wide, you name it. Here is my pick for the best auto racing photograph of them all, a bold statement for sure, but hey it's my pick, and opinion!!. From the Roy Morris collection which is owned by photographer Charles Fawcett, I'm trying to give all the credit I can....Neal Carter leads Mack Hellings, and Bob Barker all Kurtis Kraft Offy powered midgets, maybe 1948 or so, and it looks like Gilmore Stadium. What a great photograph.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
parrot

Default Re: Best auto racing photo...ever.

I have to agree, it's right up there. Would be fun to go back in time to that race.
parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Mitch G.

Default Re: Best auto racing photo...ever.

I have the photo on my computer and it's a large file, the detail is amazing the left front tire of the #55 car is just lifting off the ground, and the lead car with Neil Carter driving, he is just barely touching the hand brake. It's amazing.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote