Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Just want to shoot the breeze and fellowship? This is the place!



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
dirtman
Member
 
dirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 80
Posts: 34
Default Lakeside jacket patch.

I have been watching this forum for a while now without contributing. I notice that most of the info on here is from Lakeside Speedway. I recently came across a jacket patch from there. I visited Lakeside once while on vacation around 1976 or 77. Don't know if this patch is the same or if it would mean anything to anyone. But if it is, let me know. Dirtman...Rett Rundell
dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Thomas E
Senior Member
 
Thomas E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 413
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
I have been watching this forum for a while now without contributing. I notice that most of the info on here is from Lakeside Speedway. I recently came across a jacket patch from there. I visited Lakeside once while on vacation around 1976 or 77. Don't know if this patch is the same or if it would mean anything to anyone. But if it is, let me know. Dirtman...Rett Rundell
Interesting, can you post a photo of it?

Speaking of Lakeside, jackets, and patches.

I have a black trimmed in white athletic jacket with a large white outlined in red 19D on the back.



"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
Jeff Isenhart
Rookie
 
Jeff Isenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 68
Posts: 19
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas E View Post
Interesting, can you post a photo of it?

Speaking of Lakeside, jackets, and patches.

I have a black trimmed in white athletic jacket with a large white outlined in red 19D on the back.
How cool you have a jacket from the 19 car owned by John Pachello and driven by many famous Colorado drivers. Jim Malloy,Don Wilson,Jack Graham.

Foe all the years I was associated with the CARC John and his crew all had matching jackets and shirts, of course John, all his brothers and other crew members were always a class act.
Jeff Isenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Jeff Isenhart
Rookie
 
Jeff Isenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 68
Posts: 19
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman View Post
I have been watching this forum for a while now without contributing. I notice that most of the info on here is from Lakeside Speedway. I recently came across a jacket patch from there. I visited Lakeside once while on vacation around 1976 or 77. Don't know if this patch is the same or if it would mean anything to anyone. But if it is, let me know. Dirtman...Rett Rundell
Please send a picture of your patch. Is it a large patch like one that would be on the back of a jacket with a tiger leaping over a red car. If i remember right I think the club or the consession stands may have sold a smaller round patch but the old memory is getting a little hazy. I Still have my club patch from my first jacket when I was on the board of directors, I like an idiot I donated my second club jacket to a bar on 44th Ave for display along with other racing memorbilia that the owner of the bar had on display, his name was Chuck (his last name escapes me) and he owned and drove Sprint cars. I would drop in the joint to visit with him and he always had videos of races playing on all the T.V's. Well one day i dropped in and all the racing stuff was gone and so was he, The new owner told me all the jackets,driver suits and a ton of model race cars were gone. Needless to say I was a little upset about my jacket being gone. Oh well live and learn I guess.
Jeff Isenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
dirtman
Member
 
dirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 80
Posts: 34
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

This patch doesn't appear to be anything special. It measures 2 1.2" by 3 1/2". I am not looking to sell, anyone interested send me an envelope with some postage and it's yours.


dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
rapid30
Senior Member
 
rapid30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 678
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

The Lakeside Speedway that we all speak of was located in "Lakeside" Colo, a suburb of Denver, the town of Lakeside basically consisted of an Amusement Park/Racetrack a few houses and a Mall. Our Lakeside was a 1/5th mile paved oval and the one your patch is from is the track in Kansas City which was a dirt track. I hope this clears up some confussion.
rapid30
rapid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
Mitch G.
Senior Member
 
Mitch G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Age: 60
Posts: 1,106

Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

That's a 1/2 mile dirt track on the Kansas side of the Kansas, Missouri border just off I-70. They still race their on a weekly basis, stocks, modifieds, sprints, etc, they have a high paying 2 day non-wing 410 sprint show every year. The track was originally paved, but they turned it into a real race track(wink, wink) and put dirt on it several years ago.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Thomas E
Senior Member
 
Thomas E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 413
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Isenhart View Post
How cool you have a jacket from the 19 car owned by John Pachello and driven by many famous Colorado drivers. Jim Malloy,Don Wilson,Jack Graham.

Foe all the years I was associated with the CARC John and his crew all had matching jackets and shirts, of course John, all his brothers and other crew members were always a class act.
It is a jacket that I had done at a embroidery/lettering shop in the mid 70's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0507001018.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1158  



"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...

Last edited by Thomas E; 05-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
nitro4dave
Member
 
nitro4dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 59
Posts: 80
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Isenhart View Post
Please send a picture of your patch. Is it a large patch like one that would be on the back of a jacket with a tiger leaping over a red car. If i remember right I think the club or the consession stands may have sold a smaller round patch but the old memory is getting a little hazy. I Still have my club patch from my first jacket when I was on the board of directors, I like an idiot I donated my second club jacket to a bar on 44th Ave for display along with other racing memorbilia that the owner of the bar had on display, his name was Chuck (his last name escapes me) and he owned and drove Sprint cars. I would drop in the joint to visit with him and he always had videos of races playing on all the T.V's. Well one day i dropped in and all the racing stuff was gone and so was he, The new owner told me all the jackets,driver suits and a ton of model race cars were gone. Needless to say I was a little upset about my jacket being gone. Oh well live and learn I guess.
so i wasn't the only one that happened to
nitro4dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #10
dirtman
Member
 
dirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 80
Posts: 34
Default Re: Lakeside jacket patch.

Thanks for all the input. I'll check on the Kansas track.
dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.