Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Vintage Race Cars For Sale

Vintage Race Cars For Sale Occasionally we stumble across interesting old vintage race cars for sale on the internet. We post them here so we can talk about them and share them with each other.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Default Edmunds Modified copy for sale on eBay

I'l bet we could get this one at a fairly reasonable price.

Vintage Edmunds Super Modified Race Car

This is a copy of a Don Edmunds super modified, built by Ron Douglas from orignal 1964 plans. The body is original and purchased in 1966,except for the nose. It has total of about 50 laps on it. Chevrolet 350 engine with Hilborn 2 3/16" fuel injection. Halibrand quick change, Halibrand manual steering box, CAE in and out box, Hurst Airheart rear disc brakes, Chevrolet front disc brakes, Hilborn fuel pump. Torsion bars in the rear and cross spring front end. Extra wheels (4) and some spares. Delivery can be arranged. Sold in U.S. funds. A $2,000.00 deposit is required within 48 hours of end of auction and remainder by certified check or bank draft within 7 days of end of auction. Thank you and good luck.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Mitch G.

Default Re: Edmunds Modified copy for sale on eBay

I've seen lots of "Edmunds" modifieds, usually 100" wheel base, and they just don't look right. This one is nearly perfect, except for the front nose piece and grill and nerf bar, it's very much like an Edmunds. Nice looking race car, and decent price, nice engine also!! This guy did everything right, the hairpin radius rods, short kick off rails, very cool.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Thomas E
Default Re: Edmunds Modified copy for sale on eBay

I like it.

Looking at the front of this car and the axle assembly, I thought that the R/F spring was not shackled, but the lone spring shackle was on the L/F side.

Then maybe it's my imagination.

"Stay tuned for the greatest spectacle in racing" ~ Sid Collins

LAKESIDE - Late at night by the old Lakeside Speedway, you can hear the ghosts - The barking, crackling "Flathead Fords", the zinging "Chevy Stove Bolt's", The rumbling of the "KK-Offy's", and the snarling "Ford V8-60's". Listen and faintly hear the announcer say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the line up for the trophy dash," and the place would erupt with the mix echoes of cheers and boo's...Remember...
Thomas E is offline   Reply With Quote