Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > The Drivers

The Drivers In this forum feel free to start threads about your favorite driver from the golden days of racing. Make sure to title your new thread with the drivers name first.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Paula Burnett

Default Warren Trott

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone remembers a Warren Trott, from Englewood and possibly lakeside waayy back in the day. He was my grandfather, and I remember that he drove a modified #19, and he also owned and drove a figure 8, I know that my mother drove in a powder puff or two. but I cant find any info from back then and it would be fun to find out if anyone knew anything.

thanks
Paula Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Jerry Lee
Resident Rocker

Default Re: Warren Trott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Burnett View Post
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone remembers a Warren Trott, from Englewood and possibly lakeside waayy back in the day. He was my grandfather, and I remember that he drove a modified #19, and he also owned and drove a figure 8, I know that my mother drove in a powder puff or two. but I cant find any info from back then and it would be fun to find out if anyone knew anything.

thanks
Hi Paula,
I didn't know your grandfather, but I found his name as driver of the #19 Modified in a 1966 Englewood program. Ray Robertson is listed as owner. Haven't run across his name in any old F8 listings yet, but they were never too accurate or up to date anyway. Hopefully someone might come up with some more info on him.

I most certainly do remember those #3 Figure Eighters that Tom Eller had though! (I think I remember reading that Tom was your Dad). Both Dave Tansey and Roger Burnett come to mind as drivers for Tom. Your Dad was part of that "Baltic Auto" gang that hung with Darrell Smith back in the day.

Paula, your avatar of the cool orange #3 Eighter that Roger drove really brings back some great memories as well. I posted a B&W copy of that pic on here before, but it's great to see the car in color again. Beautiful car, so much brighter in person as I recall, one of my favorites!
Jerry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Paula Burnett

Default Re: Warren Trott

Hi Jerry

yes, Tom was my dad, and I remember the old Baltic Auto crew, and Dave Tansey and Darrell Smith, and of course Bobby Jackson, who pinstiped my first bike to my great astonishment. I thought I had the coolest bike on earth.

Englewood is and was some of my favorite memories. Dad drove for a while but his peripheral vision was going and he could not see the side views...and well with a figure-8 I think that is probably what you need most. And from the old stories, how much is true I dont know, but one of the last times Dad drove he flipped several times end to end, so he just owned, and built and had a driver.

My grandpa Warren drove and owned for a while, and I know my mom drove his car in some of the powder puff races...I have a bunch of my dads old stuff, a few pics, #3 was blue for a while, before the orange era and my cousin painted a "tenny bobbin dragon" on the front quarter pannel. I will have to go through his stuff and post some if the pics,

I appreciate the update on Warren though, its always nice to discover new info, he wasnt as involved in racing by the time I can remember, and what I know is from an old modified that used to set in our back yard, and stories.
Paula Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote