Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > Vintage Race Cars For Sale

Vintage Race Cars For Sale Occasionally we stumble across interesting old vintage race cars for sale on the internet. We post them here so we can talk about them and share them with each other.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
coachrandy

Default 1972 Edmunds Super Modified

Up for sale is my Edmunds style Super Modified built in 1972 for Terry Nish by Bob Stanford, Kyle Dean and Frank Burdette of FRB Welding in Salt Lake City, Utah. Lonnie Gotschall owns the sister car to this one and that car is currently in restoration. This car was raced by Nish at tracks in Utah, Idaho and Colorado and then sold to Dwayne Dillon in Boise I was told in 1974. Dwayne Dillon raced this car at the Super Oval and Meridian raceways in Idaho and ran a small schedule with CAMRA. In about 1981 the car was again sold to Tim Wren of Boise. At that time Tim and Kenny Hamilton converted the front buggy spring suspension to torsion bar, making it a four bar car. This car competed mostly in Idaho but I was told by a few different people that worked on the car that it raced in Madera for an open show. In a discussion with Tim he indicated that he sold the car in about 1983 to someone in Oregon but lost track of the car. Small gap to 1989-1990 when the car was piloted to consecutive track championships at Hermiston by Jay Tracy. Again a gap in ownership until 2000 when it was purchased by Tom Roath of Nampa Idaho. He owned the car during the period from 2000 to 2012 and I purchased it in October 2012. This car is powered by a very healthy 250 cu in 6 cylinder Chevrolet engine coupled to a 39 Ford trans mission with the original hand clutch. The original configuration from inception to at least 1983 was a conventional V8 (see photos). Once in my possession the car went through an extensive makeover. This is a partial list of the updates:

Replaced the lightweight quick-change with a Jones Champ quick-change.
New aluminum radiator.
Vintage wide five hubs
New aluminum dash and new Vintage SW gauges
Aluminum flywheel
Disc Brakes front and rear
Fuel Safe fuel cell ($1200) and all SS braided fuel lines
New RaceQuip push-lock belts
New Nerf side bars, radius rods and front bumper
New battery
New fuel pump
New K&N air filter
Clifford 6=8 aluminum intake manifold
Re-skinned wing and wing mounts

I have over 40 years history on this really nice race car. This car is one of the nicest around. This can be verified by members of the vintage racing community including Tommy Herseth, Larry Lundin, Jim Perry, and many others who have seen this car up close. I am only selling this car because I have had a knee replacement and can no longer fit in the cockpit. I would suggest this car for a driver no taller than 6"1" in height. Again, this is not a perfect car, it has been raced. But basically check the fluids, check the air pressure, set the valves and go racing....that's it. I am asking $12,000 for the car race ready, it would not be possible to build this car from the ground up for anywhere near that price. Photos available upon request as I an unable to upload to this site at this time. If interested, contact me at coachrandy@charter.net or on my cell @ 805 610-3938
coachrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links