Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
carl s
Rookie

Default Hello from Indio, CA

Hi Mitch et all,
Long time lurker first time poster.
Grew up with the jalopies, cutdowns and modifieds of Norwood Arena and Southern New England.
That all ended in 1961 when I joined the Naval Air Force then to Calif, struggling through college, grad school, family, career and retired a few years ago.
Quickly re aligned with motorsports and had Mac Miller build me a 1927 Miller Tribute car-The Boyle Valve Special.

Getting ready to tow to Tucson for a two day event at the inaugural reopening of Tucson Speedway (aka Tucson Raceway Park)
(I've got something to add to the Malloy Spl thread.
Thanks for all the initial work you have done on this Mitch.)

carl schulz
indio, ca
carl s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Mitch G.

Default Re: Hello from Indio, CA

Carl, I'm honored to have you join this site, you and the other wizards of history on the HAMB are incredible stewards for the history of our sport. Thanks for your kind comments on the Malloy Spl. thread, I'm a hacker compared to you guys, but I love this history. The cool thing about this site, is the way my brother (Webby) designed it, it's a bit easier to navigate and locate specific threads, than the cageless sprint thread, however that thread is a true encyclopedia of the history of open wheel oval racing in the U.S. Again welcome! Oh yeah, I saw your car at Texas World Speedway a few years ago when they had that vintage gathering there, what a fun day.
Mitch G. is offline   Reply With Quote