Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Killerman
One Post Wonder

Default FNG (Friggin' New Guy)

Love this site...haven't been here in years.

I have lots of family and personal ties to grassroots Sprint Car Racing and past and present Indy Car Racing.

I lost my uncle, Orville Nance on Feb. 15th. He was a charter member of the Big Car Racing Association and was inducted to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Hall of Fame in 1999 and was in the Inaugural Class inducted to the BCRA Hall of Fame in 2006. He raced Pikes Peak from 1956 through 1977 and won in 1975.

I would love to hear back from anyone that might have known him, raced with him or might have pictures, etc. from the races at Belleville and other BCRA tracks or from Pikes Peak.

My cousin Chelle has posted a similar request on here as well so if you've responded...many thanks!
Killerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
webby
Administrator

Default Re: FNG (Friggin' New Guy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerman View Post
Love this site...haven't been here in years.

I have lots of family and personal ties to grassroots Sprint Car Racing and past and present Indy Car Racing.

I lost my uncle, Orville Nance on Feb. 15th. He was a charter member of the Big Car Racing Association and was inducted to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Hall of Fame in 1999 and was in the Inaugural Class inducted to the BCRA Hall of Fame in 2006. He raced Pikes Peak from 1956 through 1977 and won in 1975.

I would love to hear back from anyone that might have known him, raced with him or might have pictures, etc. from the races at Belleville and other BCRA tracks or from Pikes Peak.

My cousin Chelle has posted a similar request on here as well so if you've responded...many thanks!
Yo Killerman, we are all sorry about the loss of your uncle.... welcome back to Auto Racing Memories. I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote