Vintage auto racing
Rat Rods for SaleRace Car Clip Art

Go Back   Auto Racing Memories | Vintage Race Cars > Auto Racing Memories > New Members Post Here First!

New Members Post Here First! After you register on the AutoRacingMemories.com forums please make a thread here first and introduce yourself!

Old 03-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
Bryon Branstrom

Default Modified #A11

Hello to everyone. My name is Bryon Branstrom and I live between Gladstone and Escanaba in Michigan's beautiful Upper Penninsula.
I was happy to find your active forum as I am trying to relive some great childhood memories with hopes of sharing them with my children who have also grown to love racing.
Back in the mid 60's a gentleman used to travel from Pewaukee to Escanaba every weekend to race his modified here at the Escanaba race track. His name was Don Hayden (not sure of the spelling) and he would race at Hale's Corners on Friday night on his way up here and he would race here on Saturday night.
Actually I should clarify that. He was the car owner and did not drive it himself. I'm not sure who drove it at Hale's Corners but a guy named Bob Derouin drove it here. The car number was A11 and it was a bright orange car with a white top.
Any information you might have or any pictures you could post would be greatly appreciated. His racing years here was while I was 8 years old until I was about 12 or 13. My dad is long gone so a lot of what I remember is through young eyes/mind so I hope I have everything accurate.

Thanks much.
Bryon Branstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
Quick Time

Default Re: Modified #A11

Welcome Bryon,

This is a great site and hopefully some of the members will offer information to you. I'm not wanting to steer you away from here but if you are on Facebook there is a group over there that has volumes on that area. Early stockcar coupes and coaches only.

We have a real nice group right here and some very good historians. Enjoy!

Chuck
Quick Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:40 AM   #3
Bryon Branstrom

Thank you Chuck, I will give that a try too. Love looking at those old modifieds as it brings back so many memories.

Thanks again.
Bryon Branstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
webby
Administrator

Welcome to Auto Racing Memories! I have certified your membership so now you have full privileges and you can post pictures if you want to. For tips on how to post images check out these instructional videos.

Looking forward to hearing more of your auto racing memories!
webby is offline   Reply With Quote